cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default Guitar Hero 2

So last night we visited my Aunt and Uncle (who is in the Stake Presidency of my parents stake). Apparently my cousin bought Guitar Hero 2 and an extra guitar for PS2 and they were downstairs playing it, so we went down and gave it a go.

It was quite the sight watching my Uncle rock out to Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil" and the other songs that were on the first two levels.

Now, my wife will sit and play video games with me, but only on a rare occasion. Neither of us are musically talented, but we both loved playing GH2. It was a blast... my wife was talking about going out and getting it. The only problem is, my PS2 is broken, and we don't own (yet) a 360.

Seriously, that game is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I don't doubt that it will comprise part of my Christmas present.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:06 AM   #2
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
So last night we visited my Aunt and Uncle (who is in the Stake Presidency of my parents stake). Apparently my cousin bought Guitar Hero 2 and an extra guitar for PS2 and they were downstairs playing it, so we went down and gave it a go.

It was quite the sight watching my Uncle rock out to Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil" and the other songs that were on the first two levels.

Now, my wife will sit and play video games with me, but only on a rare occasion. Neither of us are musically talented, but we both loved playing GH2. It was a blast... my wife was talking about going out and getting it. The only problem is, my PS2 is broken, and we don't own (yet) a 360.

Seriously, that game is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I don't doubt that it will comprise part of my Christmas present.
I totally agree. After we played GH2 at my brother's house in Houston, we bought the game plus two guitars on the drive home and played it the night we came back to OKC. Loads of fun.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:48 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

In all seriousness, I think my son may be the best player in the world.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
There are some ridiculous videos on youtube.com of little kids nailing songs on Hard and Expert. I have the game almost beat on Hard but I just don't have the finger speed that some of these guys do.

I am dissappointed so far with the Xbox 360 download content for the game. So far they have only released 12 songs off of GH1 for the console. However, there was an announcement that more are on the way in July.

FYI there is a GH 80's edition coming out for the PS2. I hope it makes it to the Xbox 360.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:35 AM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
There are some ridiculous videos on youtube.com of little kids nailing songs on Hard and Expert. I have the game almost beat on Hard but I just don't have the finger speed that some of these guys do.

I am dissappointed so far with the Xbox 360 download content for the game. So far they have only released 12 songs off of GH1 for the console. However, there was an announcement that more are on the way in July.

FYI there is a GH 80's edition coming out for the PS2. I hope it makes it to the Xbox 360.
My son always plays at the hard or expert level. I thought he was amazing until his friend came over the other day. That kid is unbelievable.

Medium is perfect for me. It is a blast.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:37 AM   #6
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
How does he do with Jordan by Buckethead?
Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 AM   #7
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I have a friend who is a tester for EA and is God's Gift To Video Games. He is ranked in the top 100 online in GHII even though GHII isn't an EA game. The GHII testers are probably the best in the world at that game.

The other day at EA they had a GHII challenge where all the best GHII players among the EA employees went at it in head-to-head matchups. He handily beat them all. He's so good he plays with a knit glove in order to reduce friction as he slides along the keys. If your son is in Utah and would like to see how he compares to one of the best, I would be happy to arrange a matchup.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:19 AM   #8
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
How does he do with Jordan by Buckethead?
He has beaten every song on expert. He has 100% on most songs. I should post a video of him. Too bad it's not a worthwhile skill.

As an aside, I'm kidding when I say "in all seriousness..." but the kid IS freakishly good at this game.

Last edited by SteelBlue; 06-26-2007 at 05:23 AM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #9
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
He has beaten every song on expert. He has 100% on most songs. I should post a video of him. Too bad it's not a worthwhile skill.

As an aside, I'm kidding when I say "in all seriousness..." but the kid IS freakishly good at this game.
Including Jordan? In the bonus section? Are you sure he has beaten that song? It is much more difficult than any other song.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I've seen him play. He is amazing. I thought there was a glitch in the game, as there was no way that he could be moving his fingers that quickly and actually nail nearly every single note.

As for me, I suck at the game (and nearly every other video game, except the old Track and Field from the Atari 2600), but it is a blast.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote