cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default Warriors fans should be embarrassed

Their team is a disgrace. I have never seen a team act like they did in this series, and ultimately it became their downfall. Once things started to go bad, they didn't come together as a team, they started whining, complaining, throwing cheap shots, etc.

Their is a line between playing physical and playing downright dirty basketball... and they were WAY over the line the last few games of the series. I was VERY impressed with the way the Jazz kept their cool and played tough. I think the Jazz have earned the rest that is forthcoming, and I hope that Phoenix and San Antonio just beat each other up, giving the Jazz a shot. I think they can do this... so it should be fun to watch.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

You can take the homie out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of the homie.

The warriors are a bunch of thugs and proved that.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

everyone was complaining to the refs, although GS was worse.

It's ridiculous, I think. They should ban complaining to the refs.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I was VERY impressed with the way the Jazz kept their cool and played tough. I think the Jazz have earned the rest that is forthcoming, and I hope that Phoenix and San Antonio just beat each other up, giving the Jazz a shot. I think they can do this... so it should be fun to watch.
I attribute this to coaching, and I think Sloan really outcoached Nelson. The way the Jazz kept their composure and won the close games through textbook, disciplined execution (and free throws) was really obvious in the light of GS's frenetic, uncontrolled style.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
They should ban complaining to the refs.
I thought they did. I guess they're not enforcing the the rule very strictly in the playoffs.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
everyone was complaining to the refs, although GS was worse.

It's ridiculous, I think. They should ban complaining to the refs.
I watched the Pistons/Bulls game last night and Sheed got in the refs face and screamed at him...the ref screamed right back and eventually issued a technical...I can't believe what kind of nonsense the players get away with.

Matt Barnes is a punk too. Just thought I'd throw that in there.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
I attribute this to coaching, and I think Sloan really outcoached Nelson. The way the Jazz kept their composure and won the close games through textbook, disciplined execution (and free throws) was really obvious in the light of GS's frenetic, uncontrolled style.

I completely agree i was talking to a friend last night and he called it the "Derek Fisher factor" he said if Fisher was still with Golden State they would not have lost their composure and this young Utah team would have. But since he is with Utah, the Jazz kept their composure and GS lost it. He is a calming influence and he really does bring veteran leadership.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
You can take the homie out of the ghetto but you cant take the ghetto out of the homie.

The warriors are a bunch of thugs and proved that.
Yup, even guys who I had previously thought weren't bad, such as Jason Richardson and Baron Davis showed what thugs they really are.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think Nelson got out-coached.

I just think he didn't have the players to win.

That the Warriors were in the second round, and made it pretty competitive, is an amazing feat it and of itself.

Let's face it, Golden State is a team of nobodies and could-have-beens. It's to Nelson's credit that they are where they are.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:28 PM   #10
TheSizzle36

Quote:
Let's face it, Golden State is a team of nobodies and could-have-beens. It's to Nelson's credit that they are where they are.
Really?

The Jazz have one regular player selected in the top 10 picks of a draft (Deron Williams).

Okur, Boozer, Millsap, Fisher, Giracek and Collins are all second round picks.

AK was picked late in the 1st round. Harpring was a mid-first round pick.

For Golden State, Baron Davis was taken 3rd overall, Jason Richardson at 5th overall, Biedrens at 11th overall, as was Mikael Pietrus.

Al Harrington was taken 25th overall, Monta Ellis was taken early in the 2nd round.

Stephen Jackson was undrafted and bounced around the league, as was Matt Barnes. So I don't know that I exactly buy the 'bunch of nobodys' line from Golden State. Sloan got his team to play basketball, not the streetball that the Warriors played.