cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default My recurring condescending LOST post

LOST is my favorite show, and I usually like to read some of the blogs and post forums on LOST after watching an episode. I was down on the show the Jack tattoo show and the Hurley show, but the last two have been great.

Some of the new chatter goes like this:

Jack's dad is not really dead and he's really Jacob the leader of the Others.
Jack has a new tattoo and that coupled with his seemingly strange behavior of playing football with the Others, it's believed he is a clone or a twin.
The bit about Jacob's list and the comment that was stopped halfway about the Others knowing Locke was paralzyed leads many back to the theory that the Losties were somehow all selected and led to the island.

BULLCRAP! WHO ARE THESE IDIOTS THAT START THIS CRAP AND WHY DO PEOPLE RUN WITH IT?

Any theory that has to do with the Losties being selected and led to the island is pure and complete B.S. Imagine all that would have to be involved with that conspiracy:

1. Others launching a massive conspiracy to encourage each of the Losties to purchase ticket to Australia, believing that each of them had acted on their own.
2. Get the pilots of the plane to go off course.
3. Get Desmond to pull the fail safe.
4. Actually have the Losties survive the plane crash.

I understand you have to suspend reality to enjoy a show like this, but this is just way too much. STOP it with the theories that the Losties were selected and led to the island.

More plausible: the "list" was created after the plane went down. Each person on the list was researched out, after the crash, using the Others contacts in the real world. Why? I don't know, we'll find out.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, obviously you feel very strongly about this I don't read any of the Lost boards, but I have no doubt there's some crazy theories out there. Is it all a conspiracy? Is something supernatural going on? I don't know, but it's fun to find out.

I don't believe the Jack/clone theory, but I'm trying to figure out why they had that whole lame episode on his tattoos? My theory is Jack is either faking being all happy, or he's brainwashed (in one of those rooms they had Alex's boyfriend in).
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote