cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 02:39 AM   #1
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road
Default We should change the name of this category to "Fitness" or something like that...

Anyway... The Hippie is mixing it up. I've been hovering at or around 250 for a while now. Down from 280 this is a good thing but I'd really like to see less of myself these days.

Apparently you can spin your legs to the point where they are just about sexy enough to turn yourself on and that will not help you lose your gut. I'm not happy about this... Mrs. Hippie says I look like I was made out of two bodies. She thinks I was run over by a subway and they somehow mixed up my lower body with that of an athlete of some kind (hopefull a well hung athlete).

So I'm mixing it up... I ran 4 yesterday and hit the gym today. A little circuit training with cardio intervals on the elyptical. Then I row for about 10 mins.

I feel it is a "well rounded" workout. Is rowing good for me? I try to keep my abs engaged as much as possible. I do situps on one of those balls (I fell off the other day you all would have laughed and perhaps peed a little).

Any other "well rounded" activity ideas. Mrs. Hippie says my gut isn't going away because none of the exercises I normally do (bike, elyptical) involve my ab muscles.

Your input is welcome...

p.s. I bought one of those under armor sleeveless things to wear under my shirt. I don't care if it is a sports bra for men, I like it. Plus... Now I know how the sausage feels...
Old 08-31-2006, 05:11 AM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road
Default Swim

I was training for a tri a couple of years ago and I felt the best exercise for me was my swimming. My chest and shoulders really improved. The only down side was I was so hungry after swimming I wanted to eat everything in the house.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

your gut is getting smaller because of a reduction in the fat attached to your intestines. and body wall fat.

i speak from having the experience of seeing fatty intestines.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote