cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Obama Admin

I always had the impression that they were gross incompetent amateurs, and I think we are seeing a lot of strong evidence for that now:

1. the enemies list, the attack on media
2. the dithering and indecision on Afghanistan, in direct contrast to what he promised to do
3. the European "I apologize for America" tour
4. selling out our allies on missile defense, and then immediately afterward, Russia giving us the finger on sanctions against Iran
5. healthcare debacle
6. deficit debacle
7. economy debacle
8. dollar debacle

I hope you idiots that voted for him are happy.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I always had the impression that they were gross incompetent amateurs, and I think we are seeing a lot of strong evidence for that now:

1. the enemies list, the attack on media
2. the dithering and indecision on Afghanistan, in direct contrast to what he promised to do
3. the European "I apologize for America" tour
4. selling out our allies on missile defense, and then immediately afterward, Russia giving us the finger on sanctions against Iran
5. healthcare debacle
6. deficit debacle
7. economy debacle
8. dollar debacle

I hope you idiots that voted for him are happy.
With such a growing and glowing list of accomplishments, I can see why he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

I'm confused by this public anti-Fox-News mission the administration seems to be on. I don't understand the strategy, how does this help them?

The only thing I can think of is that it's blood-red meat for the liberal faithful, and maybe they think it will gin up their base enough to give them the support they need for pushing their socialized medicine package. I doubt its effectiveness to that end, but this otherwise looks like a lose-lose to me. Bizarre.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

It's what happens when your entire existence becomes encapsulated inside the Beltway. You lose sight of the larger picture.

This is Jesus attacking the Pharisees.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Does any one of you deny that FoxNews is no better than talk radio? I'm glad to see Obama calling white white and black black.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Does any one of you deny that FoxNews is no better than talk radio? I'm glad to see Obama calling white white and black black.
So which one is he? White or black? Raised by a single white parent, and gives no credence to his white heritage. In other words, the perfect person to bifurcate the entire world into black and white.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
gives no credence to his white heritage
Now this is funny. Poor Obama just can't win with you guys. I suspect you also would consider him an uppity black man for succeeding at Harvard?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Now this is funny. Poor Obama just can't win with you guys. I suspect you also would consider him an uppity black man for succeeding at Harvard?
Product of the Chicago machine, written two memoirs for millions of dollars, before he had actually accomplished anything other than being chosen to be law editor of Harvard, being a community organizer (i.e. politician prep role).

Give me a break. I don't consider him uppity. But his teleprompter is plenty uppity. He is making me miss that criminal white trailer trash Bill Clinton.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"No better" is a pretty subjective and ill-defined criteria. Maybe you ought to start by clarifying exactly what you mean.

Fox News is a news organization. Most of its programming is straight-up news reporting. It has a few shows which are opinion-based, just like a newspaper editorial board or op-ed page, and they market themselves as such. I don't think anyone mistakes "Hannity" for a straight-up news program, and it doesn't pretend to be.

Talk radio is an ambiguous collection of a hundred different individuals and groups. There is no Talk Radio Corp with a board of directors and a stock offering. Though the most popular shows typically lean right, the shows and hosts span the political spectrum. I don't know of a single one that pretends to be an unbiased news source.

The comparison is truly silly. One might as well compare the Nephites to the Taliban.

The real question I asked, though, was about the wisdom in this move. Angry Lefties are tickled by it, naturally. But they're already on Obama's side (or upset he isn't Left enough). Obama is tanking among independents, a solid chunk of whom watch Fox News. Moreover, it diminishes the presidency, and serves as a distraction from Obama's agenda.

Politically, this seems like a pretty silly and unnecessary misstep.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

What is the name of the WH Spokesman. He is a douche extraordinaire. he is the kind of guy you would like to kick in the nuts. And then when he bends over to grab the, kung fu poke his beady eyes. He is pathetic and amateur as they come. Which means about a perfect face for this admin.