cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is that mayonaise or malaise?

Obama will be described as a successful president, because those who record his successes or failures vote for him and want his policies to be deemed a success.

He has the media firmly on his side, thus, if bad or good coverage can shape history, he will have good coverage.

Bush has left some softballs, Gitmo and Iraq. The answers to those are simpler and he will be seen better than he is. BTW, I do not believe he'll be a good proponent of civil liberties, other than perhaps gay rights.

He will infuse government regulation and capital, which eventually will have some effect upon the economy, removing some elements of volatility, while kickstarting a few industries. The harm instituted won't be recognized for decades.

His intervention into health care will received favorably but will become a pain in the butt in fifteen to twenty years. I'm using some of the British results as a model for my prognostication.

He will lessen the military, and diminish the Second Amendment. He'll radicalize to some extent the judiciary.

But overall, like frogs in a pot of boiling water slowly we will not notice his interventions. Will we be better off? It will depend upon your industry and your stage of life. Other than for conversation purposes, politics will become more irrelevant for me.