cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2008, 06:13 PM   #1
Over43

Over43 is on a distinguished road
Default Strength of Schedule

I'm a new poster here, but watching PTI the other day prompted me to post on this subject...I'm sure I'm not the first.

On PTI I believe the topic of Utah came up and what Bowl game they should be in. This elicited an impromptu diatribe by Dan Lebatard (or Imatard in some circles) to suddenly start going off on BYU: "This is just like BYU, they go 12-0 and never play anyone..." and on he went.

This is the same Dan Lebatard who somehow irritated Mcheal Phelps enough to get the laid back one to tell him to shut up.

I think what Lebatard fails to realize is that BYU has defeated some very viable and excellent football programs out there: Miami, UCLA, Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan, Texas A&M, Boston College and others.

Personally I think it's time for the biased East Coast press to stop using their outdated arguments and start recognizing that the MWC and WAC teams can match up successfully with their fortunate sons from the East Coast.

O43
Over43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Utah has made a good argument in the last decade or so.

BYU has not.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #3
Over43

Over43 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Utah has made a good argument in the last decade or so.

BYU has not.
I don't disagree, I should qualify that as the MWC and WAC in general. But BYU had still beaten Oregon and UCLA in bowl games the last two years?

O43
Over43 is offline   Reply With Quote