cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Any 24 Fans? (Spoiler)

If so, what did you think of last night's finale? Man that sucked the ending with Jack getting taken off. I wonder if it was President Logan who set him up with the Chinese? I also thought that they had enough to go off of with the group that Logan was working with, but no, the sent him off on the boat to China. Very interesting end to a pretty solid season.

This was the first season I watched live, but I'm anxious to re-watch it again when it comes out on DVD. A lot of twists, I've forgotten a lot of how the season started, with the exception of the deaths of Palmer, Michelle and Tony, of course. It's hard to think that at the start of the season Jack was off living with that redhead lady and her son Derek... now they're just an afterthought.

Crazy, but MAN is that show addicting!
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:06 AM   #2
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

This is also the first season that I watched live. I've got to say this season doesnt come close to some of the other better seasons like 1,2, and 4. Too much crazy, unrealistic stuff went on this season (more than usual).

What is up with the ending? Every season up to this point has taken place in LA. Are we going to have a season in mainland China? I dont know what the writers could possibly have in mind.

Meh, atleast I can save the 24 bucks by not having to rent all the dvds this time.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:52 AM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest, this was probably the best ending to '24' so far. It really sets up next season nicely. I think we are going to be seeing Jack in China trying to escape and probably some CTU guys aiding in his escape.

It was also nice to see some of the regulars survive for another season (Curtis, Chloe, Buchanan, Aaron, Novak, Audrey). The majority of the characters that had been around for a few seasons have been killed (Jack's wife, Tony, Michelle, Palmer, etc.). You need a little continuity once in a while.

This season had some frustrating moments, but overall, very entertaining and it sets up a very different but interesting storyline for next season. We'll see.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:58 AM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently a year and a half of "time" transpired between seasons 4 and 5. They usually have a break like that. However it looks like season six is going to start right where season 5 ended? Good ol' Jack Bauer, who never has to sleep, eat, piss, or recharge his amazing cell phone.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:51 AM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I always laugh when people watch a FICTIONAL based show, based on a unique "24 hour" premise, that everyone knows can't fit all the stuff,,,and they complain that it's not realistic.

Well duh!!!!

It's like the person sitting behind you in a Action movie and an impossible stunt happens and they go..."Oh come on..that could never".......Oh really...do ya think? lol.

People.....it's FICTIONAL and I wonder if the fact that shows like 24, LOST, Prison Break,,,,SHOWS THAT ARE SUPPOSED to be that way as an escape and for enjoyment gets lost on all the analytical types out there. The complaining of the lack of realism makes no sense to me,,,because well...the impossible is SUPPOSED to happen in shows like that. That's the whole frickin point.

24 is easily the best show on TV and The Shield is maybe,,,MAYBE a close 2nd. End of rant.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I think they will still allow time to pass between seasons 5 and 6. Season 6 will probably start with Jack in China and some CTU agents breaking him out to stop some attack over there, or something crazy. I'd also imagine that Jack is going to find out who the President was working with, either in season 6 or 7. I think President Logan turned him over to the Chinese government... remember when he was talking to the co-conspititors and said "Jack Bauer will be taken care of."

Either way, should be good the next couple of seasons... I just wish that they started in September and not in January! It'll KILL me waiting that long to see the next season!

Maybe I'll just have to watch seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4 again before 5 comes out.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote