cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 06:01 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default This election could change the electoral map for years to come.

Like 1968. Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina Texas and Georgia are all in play. Louisiana may be in play. Colorado and New Mexico look to go blue. Missouri is leaning left. Nebraska and Kansas, of all states, are polling much better for Democrats. And Republicans just keep complaining about 57 states and being "bitter." No wonder they are going to lose huge. They don't have a single idea.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 05-13-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Like 1968. Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina Texas and Georgia are all in play. Louisiana may be in play. Colorado and New Mexico look to go blue. Missouri is leaning left. Nebraska and Kansas, of all states, are polling much better for Democrats. And Republicans just keep complaining about 57 states and being "bitter." No wonder they are going to lose huge. They don't have a single idea.
And your ideas are to tax the middle class and build huge new government bureaucracies. Where have I heard that before?

You talk about new ideas, but you have only the same ole same ole. Once your side actually has a productive idea, let us know.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
America is in an extremely unpopular war. Gas prices are through the roof. Perception is that economy is terrible. Repubs are running an old man non conservative candidate and dems are running new dynamic energizing candidate.

You're kidding me. The race seems tight. What is wrong with this picture.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

The phrase "you can dish it, but you can't take it" comes vaguely to mind ...

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
The phrase "you can dish it, but you can't take it" comes vaguely to mind ...
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. I will note amusingly that nobody has even bothered to address the actual points made in my post. Instead, everyone is focusing on how much they can't stand the Democrats or saying something that doesn't appear to have any connection to anything (your post).
Old 05-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
And your ideas are to tax the middle class and build huge new government bureaucracies. Where have I heard that before?

You talk about new ideas, but you have only the same ole same ole. Once your side actually has a productive idea, let us know.
Has Cali used "proletariat" yet?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. I will note amusingly that nobody has even bothered to address the actual points made in my post. Instead, everyone is focusing on how much they can't stand the Democrats or saying something that doesn't appear to have any connection to anything (your post).
This is May, and Reps have had the worst period in imagination. If a Dem can't win without saying, "I'm a Dem not Rep" then he's a blooming idiot. It's not impressive.

Reps still have winning ideas, just not winning candidates due to current environment. Dems still have stinky, clunky ideas simply repackaged to look good. We must hope once the public looks at your idiocy they come to their senses, as your ideas are destructive and wrong.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Posting that Republicans "don't have a single idea" doesn't really seem like a conversation-starter to me. But that's just me. Besides, you already know where we differ. You think Obama's going send forth the law out of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Me, I think otherwise.

Personally, I'm having fun with these Obama mini-gaffes. Here's to the next one. *Raises glass*

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Posting that Republicans "don't have a single idea" doesn't really seem like a conversation-starter to me. But that's just me. Besides, you already know where we differ. You think Obama's going send forth the law out of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. Me, I think otherwise.

Personally, I'm having fun with these Obama mini-gaffes. Here's to the next one. *Raises glass*
What are the great Republican ideas? Status quo? That isn't the work of a great mind. Republicans are running on the platform of "Look at me! I am not Obama." That failed them in Louisiana, Illinois and, it appears, in Mississippi as well. The Democrats tried that avenue (in reverse) in 2004. Best of luck with it. Keep that glass close to you. You will need to fill it and empty it with regularity come November.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #10
Archaea

Quote:
What are the great Republican ideas? Status quo? That isn't the work of a great mind. Republicans are running on the platform of "Look at me! I am not Obama." That failed them in Louisiana, Illinois and, it appears, in Mississippi as well. The Democrats tried that avenue (in reverse) in 2004. Best of luck with it. Keep that glass close to you. You will need to fill it and empty it with regularity come November.
Look Dems have it easy right now. You could run a dead person and still win; it's not because you have any ideas, it's the unfortunate mess that Bush has helped create. Don't pat yourself on the back for any ideas.

Reps' ideas. We need to monitor money supplies, keep capital markets stable, not increase tax loads, but decrease spending, find modest ways of modulating overseas activities so that foreign governments can meet their own needs.

We need to find market reforms in insurance to avoid massive government programs, strengthen borders, give amnesty for illegals, establish a meaningful immigration policy, streamline process, deregulate certain industries, and find tax incentives for stagnant markets.

There are plenty of Republican ideas, but it might just be a button down the hatch period.