cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some of these discussions are very hard

on me in being able to determine right or wrong.

There are those blessed with great intelligence, which they remind us of often. God blessed them with such great intelligence and surely he did so in order for me to benefit from said intelligence.

However there are those that have the spiritual direct link to God. Why do they need intelligence, when God just tells them what is right and wrong.

Of course I lean toward those who have the direct channel, but what if they are just dumb enough to believe they have a direct channel and really don't and the ones with the intelligence are right and if God is going to speak, he will speak with someone who is intelligent.

It makes it tough on us everyday folks. Not being very intelligent and not in direct communication with God leaves one vulnerable.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I wonder what everyone's take is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
on me in being able to determine right or wrong.

There are those blessed with great intelligence, which they remind us of often. God blessed them with such great intelligence and surely he did so in order for me to benefit from said intelligence.

However there are those that have the spiritual direct link to God. Why do they need intelligence, when God just tells them what is right and wrong.

Of course I lean toward those who have the direct channel, but what if they are just dumb enough to believe they have a direct channel and really don't and the ones with the intelligence are right and if God is going to speak, he will speak with someone who is intelligent.

It makes it tough on us everyday folks. Not being very intelligent and not in direct communication with God leaves one vulnerable.
The Proclamation of the Family? BS or inspired for the time? Or a little of both?
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
The Proclamation of the Family? BS or inspired for the time? Or a little of both?
Certainly not BS. Inspired, maybe. I think it is a compilation or summary of the social order of the church in regards to families.

I think it makes a lot of sense in general. It doesn't have to be inspired for me to recognize that. So if it was inspired or not doesn't matter to me and make it any more or less important.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:34 PM   #4
exUte

Default Would God approve of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Certainly not BS. Inspired, maybe. I think it is a compilation or summary of the social order of the church in regards to families.

I think it makes a lot of sense in general. It doesn't have to be inspired for me to recognize that. So if it was inspired or not doesn't matter to me and make it any more or less important.
"I approve this message"?
Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Ex, nobody uses the title when they post replies on this board. In fact, most of the time we only see it because what's in your post doesn't make sense without it. It's a layout thing. Just skip it.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
exUte

Default So, what is your take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Ex, nobody uses the title when they post replies on this board. In fact, most of the time we only see it because what's in your post doesn't make sense without it. It's a layout thing. Just skip it.
I missed your answer/