cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I hope Ron Paul runs as an indepedent

1. He was not allowed into the NH debate, despite running polls ahead of Thompson.

2. He was treated embarrassingly poorly in the debate tonight, by Brit Hume, one of the other questioners, and the other candidates (including Mitt Romney). Mitt is an idiot. He decided that the best guy for him to gang up on was Ron Paul. Twice he did it.

3. If Paul draws 1 or 2% of the vote, it could spell death for the Republican. That's good I say. Ron Paul is right. No major GOP candidate gives a damn about the consitution.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
1. He was not allowed into the NH debate, despite running polls ahead of Thompson.

2. He was treated embarrassingly poorly in the debate tonight, by Brit Hume, one of the other questioners, and the other candidates (including Mitt Romney). Mitt is an idiot. He decided that the best guy for him to gang up on was Ron Paul. Twice he did it.

3. If Paul draws 1 or 2% of the vote, it could spell death for the Republican. That's good I say. Ron Paul is right. No major GOP candidate gives a damn about the consitution.
He was allowed in the ABC NH debate; it was Fox that excluded him.

Maybe he should take his act to Germany. They appear to love him over there. Maybe they are drawn by his previous views on race relations.

Paul is to the Repubs what Richardson was to the Dems, comic relief, but taking up time that the other candidates could use. Watching Richardson during the Dem debates I'm sure Obama, Clinton, and Edwards were saying to themsleves, "Would you just shut up already."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The difference is that Richardson is a preener who pretends the same way that they other 3 pretend.

Paul actually has a unique message. He's a poor messenger, but it's the strength of his message that he propelled him this far.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The difference is that Richardson is a preener who pretends the same way that they other 3 pretend.

Paul actually has a unique message. He's a poor messenger, but it's the strength of his message that he propelled him this far.
Sure, Paul should run. I doubt he makes the impact you suggest. He's no Nader.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Ron Paul has no chance of winning. I love his message though. As the only candidate who cares about the constitution, he is a reminder of how how far off track we have let ourselves become. Most people think he is a total nutjob. I wonder what we would think of any of the authors of our democracy if they were running today. My guess is they would all suffer the same fate as Paul.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
I wonder what we would think of any of the authors of our democracy if they were running today. My guess is they would all suffer the same fate as Paul.
Especially if they wore those funky wigs.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Paul is to the Repubs what Richardson was to the Dems, comic relief
Alan Keyes was the serious comic relief. Too bad they didn't let him in some more debates.