cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss
Default Romney's one day fundraiser...

Romney had a call day in Boston today one year from their first call day when they raised 6.5 MM

Today, in Boston, fundraisers and friends gathered and raised over 5 Million dollars for the Mitt campaign. Compare that to Hillary who raised $750,000 the day after her stunning victory.

By the way, they raised almost $110,000 out of Arizona alone! Does that top McCain's total take.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:11 AM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Every year the University of Miami signs the most four and five star recruits, and every year they go 7-5.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Every year the University of Miami signs the most four and five star recruits, and every year they go 7-5.
First of all, Miami does not sign the most four and five star recruits. I believe USC has the last few years.

Secondly, your point is taken, but for someone who the pundits were saying had to win Iowa, and/or New Hampshire in order to remain viable, that's a pretty damn good fundraiser.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
Romney had a call day in Boston today one year from their first call day when they raised 6.5 MM

Today, in Boston, fundraisers and friends gathered and raised over 5 Million dollars for the Mitt campaign. Compare that to Hillary who raised $750,000 the day after her stunning victory.

By the way, they raised almost $110,000 out of Arizona alone! Does that top McCain's total take.
What's the source of your information? Also, who is giving Romney money? I was led to believe early on that most of his money came from Mormons, but that can't be possible. Who gives him money?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
What's the source of your information? Also, who is giving Romney money? I was led to believe early on that most of his money came from Mormons, but that can't be possible. Who gives him money?
Romney's contributions are coming from more than just Mormons. Come on...Mormons are cheapskates. I'm sure he has a LOT of contributors from his business connections, and people he has worked with over the years. For example, Meg Whitman (CEO of eBay) is a huge Romney supporter, and heavily involved with his campaign. She worked with him at Bain years ago. She is one of the most influential executives here in Silicon Valley, and I'm sure she is helping to bring some of the money here into Mitt's campaign.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
1.5 for the primary and 3.5 for the general.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonath...callathon.html
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:19 AM   #7
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
I knew that Romney was going to have a call day today. Received an email regarding that yesterday. MittRomney.com has the announcement as well.

Saw the story scroll across the Fox news ticker.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRoss View Post
I knew that Romney was going to have a call day today. Received an email regarding that yesterday. MittRomney.com has the announcement as well.

Saw the story scroll across the Fox news ticker.

Throwing in the towel on SC and FL...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...19NnQD8U2NSA02
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:44 AM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Throwing in the towel on SC and FL...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...19NnQD8U2NSA02
If he wins in Michigan, expect him to retrieve that towel.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #10
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
If he wins in Michigan, expect him to retrieve that towel.
Will be very late to buy air time in SC by then.
Look at any map of "red states" and "blue states" and guess whether SC and FL or Michigan are more important to the Republican Party.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote