cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2007, 03:40 AM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default You know what show they should bring back?

Singled Out.

Growing up (early teens) I loved that show. And Jenny McCarthy was smoking hot.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Also, Shamrock Shakes at McD's in March.

I havent seen those in a long time.

If I could chose one more, I would also wish for a return of Quisp cereal. And Sid and Marty Kroft Hour, with an emphasis on Land of the Lost and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl. And the Groovy Ghoulies.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:46 AM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Also, Shamrock Shakes at McD's in March.

I havent seen those in a long time.
They're still around. I had one last March.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 AM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
They're still around. I had one last March.
Curse you, regional menus!

Perhaps they do come back here, too. I don't eat at McD's enough to notice, but for some reason I have been thinking about them recently.

Do Ohio McD's still feature the old characters? I wish they would bring them back, too...Big Mac, Mayor McCheese, Hamburglar, Fry Gobblins, Grimace, and Captain Crook...the dude who basically walked around stealing Filet-o-Fishes all day.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 12-15-2007, 04:05 AM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Curse you, regional menus!

Perhaps they do come back here, too. I don't eat at McD's enough to notice, but for some reason I have been thinking about them recently.

Do Ohio McD's still feature the old characters? I wish they would bring them back, too...Big Mac, Mayor McCheese, Hamburglar, Fry Gobblins, Grimace, and Captain Crook...the dude who basically walked around stealing Filet-o-Fishes all day.
In fact they do. We also have the Arch Deluxe, McDLT, and the McLean. If we sing a little jingle we get a discount on the Big Mac.

The best thing about Ohio are the great Wendy's commercials. My favorite one features an elderly gal who looks at a pitiful hamburger at a nameless fast food restaurant. Filled with righteous indignation she asks the hapless employee, "Where's the beef!?!" The commercials are quite entertaining and the tagline comes in handy in a variety of situations, especially those in which you find yourself seeking more substance.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:16 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
In fact they do. We also have the Arch Deluxe, McDLT, and the McLean. If we sing a little jingle we get a discount on the Big Mac.

The best thing about Ohio are the great Wendy's commercials. My favorite one features an elderly gal who looks at a pitiful hamburger at a nameless fast food restaurant. Filled with righteous indignation she asks the hapless employee, "Where's the beef!?!" The commercials are quite entertaining and the tagline comes in handy in a variety of situations, especially those in which you find yourself seeking more substance.
With menu offerings like that, I would not be surprised if you can also still get a McJordan, along with the souvenir Jordan plastic cup.

I have never seen these Where's The Beef commercials? In SoCal, we are constantly looking for whats new and whats next. I am seeing a real influx of these "Dominoes Pizza" stores. The commercial features a funny character named "The Noid." In the commercials, we are counseled to "Avoid The Noid." It is really pretty clever. They promise to deliver the pizza in less than 30 minutes, but I am not sure how long that will last.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:21 AM   #7
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
I have never seen these Where's The Beef commercials? In SoCal, we are constantly looking for whats new and whats next. I am seeing a real influx of these "Dominoes Pizza" stores. The commercial features a funny character named "The Noid." In the commercials, we are counseled to "Avoid The Noid." It is really pretty clever. They promise to deliver the pizza in less than 30 minutes, but I am not sure how long that will last.
I appreciate the heads up on this Noid character. I'll keep an eye out for him.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Man, I start a nice thread about Singled Out with plenty of opportunities to discuss Jenny McCarthy, and we end up talking about McDonalds?

Talk about a poor taste in thread jacking...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote