cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fred Clause

We caught this movie with OrangeUte and his wife last night. It was the only movie available at the time we arrived and we figured that perhaps it would be something akin to "Elf". I mean, obviously we weren't expecting much from a kid's movie but with Paul Giamatti, Kevin Spacey and Vince Vaughn we thought it might be worth a shot.

It was the single worst movie I've seen in 15 years. First, there is absolutely no audience for this film. It's chock full of sibling relationship talk which will be wholly uninteresting to kids. No kid will enjoy any aspect of this film. But the film is so stupid with the script and story being so poor, that no adult will be able to tolerate it. I absolutely cannot believe that this film was made. That people like Spacey and Giamatti read this script and agreed to move forward with it is mind boggling to me. I honestly thought that perhaps God had stopped the rotation of the earth and frozen time indefinitely. Never has 2 hours felt like 5 until I sat through this film. In the last half hour we all started laughing uncontrollably at how bad this film was. At least we had that going for us.

Please, don't take your kids to this absolute piece of dung. They will hate it and they will hate you. You will hate yourself.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote