cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why are people surprised by the outing of WhoisJohnGalt?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3102985

I've been threatened myself by a prominent cougarboard member, that he would contact my ward with a collection of my religion posts he was keeping tab of.

You get a whole culture of narking over there, of mullahs vying for moral superiority, and it should come as no surprise that there is an arrogant prick who would do this.

I'm pretty sure it isn't some random lurker that did it. Or a disgruntled Ute fan. No, it was a cougar, and regular CB member, I am sure of it.

If you need another reason to stay away from the swill and crumbling community called cougarboard, there you go.

Quote:
Had an interesting experience this week

Author: WhoisJohnGalt
Date: Oct 19, 2007 - 09:22am
Category: Nothing But Crap
Viewed 258 times

So I got a call from my boss on Friday of last week to come to her office immediately.

She informed me that someone had reported that I was posting proprietary information on an internet message board. I was floored, to say the least.

Apparently, she had received a call last week from someone that was "very concerned" that there was a Cox employee in Las Vegas that was leaking propreitary financial information. She pressed the caller to give a name or other information so that she could identify the employee. The individual told her that it was someone who had recently moved from the New Orleans Cox system and was a BYU fan.

Since I am the only one that fits that profile, she decided to call me in to discuss it. She quickly explained that if I had been posting propriteary information on the internet, I would be fired immediately.

We spent the next 2 hours discussing and detailing all of my posts here on Cougarboard and what types of information I had posted. We focused into the information that I had posted about the mtn. and how programming agreements work and the cost of such agreements. She then asked me to work with our IT department to document any posts that I had made about any financial information.

My life for the last week has been a living hades trying to prove that I didn't do anything wrong and that I was not posting anything that was proprietary or damaging to my company.

I am sure that some of you will find this quite funny. I didn't. I almost lost my job over this.

I don't know who called and who felt it was their responsibility to try to get me into trouble, but you did a great job of it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Default Galt

That is sad. I had heard of cber's dishing info to the mods from chat boards etc. I don't understand why some of it goes on.
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Wow. That is awful. And people wonder why I don't reveal a lot of personal info.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Wow. That is awful. And people wonder why I don't reveal a lot of personal info.
Tex I know who you work for, but I wouldn't dream of doing the same thing this scumbag did.

In fact, if something like this happens on this site, I will hope that we will band together to legally find and punish the nark. All it takes is $ and lawyers.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Tex I know who you work for, but I wouldn't dream of doing the same thing this scumbag did.

In fact, if something like this happens on this site, I will hope that we will band together to legally find and punish the nark. All it takes is $ and lawyers.
You have plenty of lawyers.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Mike, while you and I don't agree on a lot, in this I 100% agree with you.

While I can't say I'm surprised that some lowlife on CB would stoop to doing that, the person who did this to JohnGalt deserves any crap that comes his way.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Heh. You have no clue.

But I agree about narking.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Heh. You have no clue.

Is that a challenge?
Old 10-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Heh. You have no clue.

My point is that some people can be trusted. me.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #10
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3102985

I've been threatened myself by a prominent cougarboard member, that he would contact my ward with a collection of my religion posts he was keeping tab of.

You get a whole culture of narking over there, of mullahs vying for moral superiority, and it should come as no surprise that there is an arrogant prick who would do this.

I'm pretty sure it isn't some random lurker that did it. Or a disgruntled Ute fan. No, it was a cougar, and regular CB member, I am sure of it.

If you need another reason to stay away from the swill and crumbling community called cougarboard, there you go.
I'm paranoid of this as well, and it's been why I've switched user names a lot over the years and avoid posting personal information though it may seem ironic to some tried best I can to stay under the radar.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote