cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just took the city bus to work today

quick observations. most were shabbily dressed indicating they were poor (I know you are shocked). Mostly black. Very crowded. An abundance of odors.

Why did I take the bus? Only one vehicle and I have a free transit pass. We'll see how long this experiment lasts.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to ride the bus in Provo, and the one i got on happened to have about 20 handicapped people riding it. Everytime i got on there one of them would sit by me and start going nuts.

So me and my friend started riding together and sanctioning fights between them, the kid with the helmet always won. he would headbutt the other guys.

Gotta love Public transportation. One time i didnt tip a cab driver in Vegas and he told me he was going to kill me and that i was a dirty piece of $hit and a lot of other things, so i pulled out a few dollars, apologized and then said "you know what nevermind, go back to afghanistan you sand (insert grapevines favorite word here)" He jumped out of the cab and i hurried in to the airport out of fear of a carbomb or something.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

I take the bus to work every day ... When I worked in Toronto (downtown) I took the comuter train in and then often caught the subway or a street car.

Americans are pansies! Public transit here is similar to public transit in Eurrope ... it's generally clean and everyone uses it!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Americans are pansies! Public transit here is similar to public transit in Eurrope ... it's generally clean and everyone uses it!
THey key is "everyone uses it." Here only the people that have to use it. As soon as they can find some other mode (except a bike, typically) they will take it. In EUrope and parts of Canada and elsewhere in thwe world, it is frequently the preferred method by choice. This increase the odds that the person next to you will have all his teeth making the whole experience more likely to be acceptable.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
Public transit here is similar to public transit in Eurrope ... it's generally clean and everyone uses it!
I hope the day comes that everyone in the US will use public transportation. It would be nice to have less traffic on the road when I'm driving my vehicle.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote