cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Pres Hinckley and moon to blood

It was taught in church today that Pres Hinckley told us in GC that the prophecy that the moon would turn to blood and sun hide its head has already taken place, and than he identified the event. What the hell is that about? Does anyone remember this?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
It was taught in church today that Pres Hinckley told us in GC that the prophecy that the moon would turn to blood and sun hide its head has already taken place, and than he identified the event. What the hell is that about? Does anyone remember this?
no, never heard it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You don't remember that? It was about the same time that the earth was completely destroyed, and we all came to this planet on the giant space ark, and the government decided not to tell the stupider people because they thought it might...uh, never mind.

(apologies to Steve Martin)
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

The most apocalyptic I've ever heard Pres. Hinckley was in the Oct. 2005 Priesthood Session, but he didn't say anything about the moon.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #5
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sounds like a lunar eclipse and solar eclipse to me. Does he have a resident astronomer who can do those calculations for him?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #6
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Didn't find the Pres. Hinckley talk on how he receives revelation I was looking for from the other thread, but I did fin the answer to my question on this.

http://www.lds.org/portal/site/LDSOr...____&hideNav=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres. Hinckley View Post

The era in which we live is the fulness of times spoken of in the scriptures, when God has brought together all of the elements of previous dispensations. From the day that He and His Beloved Son manifested themselves to the boy Joseph, there has been a tremendous cascade of enlightenment poured out upon the world. The hearts of men have turned to their fathers in fulfillment of the words of Malachi. The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:
“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
“The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.
“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).
There has been more of scientific discovery during these years than during all of the previous history of mankind. Transportation, communication, medicine, public hygiene, the unlocking of the atom, the miracle of the computer, with all of its ramifications, have blossomed forth, particularly in our own era. During my own lifetime, I have witnessed miracle after wondrous miracle come to pass. We take it for granted.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote