cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I checked out of my hotel a few hours ago...

When I got to the airport, I realized I had left my watch in the hotel room. I called the hotel to tell them to send it me, and I just received a voicemail from the hotel saying that house-keeping did not find the watch. I travel a lot and have left lots of different things in hotel rooms. I can't remember the last time house-keeping ever found something I left behind. I'm convinced that people from house-keeping consider anything left in a hotel room as their personal bounty and that said items will ultimately find their way to a flea market. Has anyone else had similar experiences with hotel house-keeping?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
When I got to the airport, I realized I had left my watch in the hotel room. I called the hotel to tell them to send it me, and I just received a voicemail from the hotel saying that house-keeping did not find the watch. I travel a lot and have left lots of different things in hotel rooms. I can't remember the last time house-keeping ever found something I left behind. I'm convinced that people from house-keeping consider anything left in a hotel room as their personal bounty and that said items will ultimately find their way to a flea market. Has anyone else had similar experiences with hotel house-keeping?
Once my wife and I checked into a hotel room and there was a digital camera in a case sitting out on in plain sight on a dresser in the room. We didn't find any ID on it or in the case, so we left it at the front desk. We wondered if the owners ever got it back and how it might have still been there after housekeeping supposedly cleaned the place. It was in southern Pennsylvania, so maybe the staff was Amish.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 AM   #3
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I left my video ipod in a rental car. Dropped off the car, took the shuttle to the airport, realized that I left the ipod...called the rental store, they couldn't find it. My wife and I know it was there but it somehow was not there when they looked. Pissed me off pretty good. Pissed that I left it and pissed that they stole it.

I just try and convince myself that the person that took it, needed the music more than I needed it. Yeah, that didn't help me much.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

I have a friend that has some hotels. He tried to return something one time to a gentleman who had stayed there. The problem was the wife was unaware they he had spent the night there and found out about his affair because of my friend trying to do the right thing. He was sued and they quickly made it a policy from then on not to return anything left in a room.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #5
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
I have a friend that has some hotels. He tried to return something one time to a gentleman who had stayed there. The problem was the wife was unaware they he had spent the night there and found out about his affair because of my friend trying to do the right thing. He was sued and they quickly made it a policy from then on not to return anything left in a room.
Sued for what?
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Sued for what?
Sued because a lawyer thought he could make money.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote