cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default group ride yesterday

I made the 6pm "tempo" ride. I was a little bit nervous because almost everyone in the group was a racer. Including the girls there. They guy I spent the most time talking to was a Cat 2.

It turned out to be pretty manageable, because there were no real accelerations (which as you know can kill you in the hills). In fact, most of the riders there consider it the "recovery ride."

Anyway, towards the end, the pace really ramped up, as we were heading for the city limits sign. I was miking for dear life when it hit 30mph. I started in the back, so I had the disadvantage of having to scurry forward as persons in front of me dropped off. Managed to stay with the "peleton" to the sign, but no energy to even think about swinging around.

So given that I have been riding for 2 or 3 weeks now, I'm pretty happy with my fitness.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to participate in this group ride again this year. Due to Scouts.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote