cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 01:32 AM   #21
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

There was a guy in our mission who was attracted to guys. I lived in a 4 man apartment with him, and he used to spy on one of the other guys in the shower, and confessed his feelings for him. A couple of months later, he and I were companions in a 2 man apartment. He never propositioned me, never snuck a peek that I knew of. When I later found out about his behavior in the first apartment, I couldn't help but feel a little offended. What's wrong with me?

As an aside, he wasn't sent home for spying on or propositioning missionaries. Don't know if he would have been in another mission, but my MP didn't do that.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:58 AM   #22
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was a brand new missionary I was serving in a largish city in Holland and was out on splits with the branch mission leader. I didn't know anything about the guy yet as I was brand new. Anyway, it was December and it was dark already in the early evening. We were biking through a section of town and this mission leader tells me he wants to show me something interesting. He leads me on a bike ride through a large public park. Every now and then I see a man head off the bike path into the woods or a man emerging from the trees. I didn't really think anything of it but this guy stops riding and tells me that this is the park where gay men hook up for anonymous sex. I was very naive at the time and just thought he was showing me something he thought was interesting. It didn't cross my mind at the time that he was watching for my reaction. I said it was time to ride on to our neighborhood and we left, but he told me stories about the local gay community all the way home. Most of the stories had to do with straight men having their first gay experience. I'd change the subject and he'd bring it up again and I finally had to ask him to stop as he was making me uncomfortable. At this point he apologized profusely and said he was just very interested in people's stories.

As I got to know him over the next couple of months I realized what he'd been doing. I really do think he was watching for my reaction and that he struggled mightily with SSA. He devoted 2 hours a day to service with AIDS patients, he counseled a group of homosexual men (I can't remember the purpose of the group) and other very noble things that ended up taking the majority of his time. He was more involved with the gay community than a lot of gays probably were.

The Branch Pres. called him into his office and counseled him to take a more active approach to finding a wife and this guy went ballistic. He basically tore the office apart. I felt at that time it was clear that he was really suffering trying to live the gospel. Besides that one incident which I thought demonstrated a real lack of judgment, he was always a very good guy and a good Branch mission leader. I've always wondered if he's stayed in the church or if it got too difficult.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #23
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I've been approached once at a 7-11...(Yes, I know I seem to have had some weird experiences there)...some kid walked up to me and said..."Hey you see that guy in the car over there? Well he thinks you're hot and was wondering if he could have your phone number."

What the hell?

Then another time in Blockbuster...after a few minutes I noticed a guy was following me everywhere throughout the store and I finally turned around and asked him if he needed something and he goes..."Well I just think you're hot...and was hoping I'd take a chance and see if you're gay."

Commence dry heaving.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:16 AM   #24
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I've been approached once at a 7-11...(Yes, I know I seem to have had some weird experiences there)...some kid walked up to me and said..."Hey you see that guy in the car over there? Well he thinks you're hot and was wondering if he could have your phone number."
Maybe the kid was just playing a joke on a random stranger.
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:27 AM   #25
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
What are the other two stories?
Okay here goes since I didn't receive to much grief over that first one.

I'm living in Boise and dating a girl that works in one of those cafes where everyone goes for coffee after a night of drinking. I just dropped in to see her and her manager, who is gay, was also there to check things out after being at the gay club all night. He needed to go home and since my girlfriend wasn't off work yet and I was the only sober person around I got nominated to take him home.

Things were fine until I stopped in front of his house to drop him off. He started begging me to come in with him and telling me what he wanted to do with me. He finally got out of the car but not before totally grossing me out with his ideas. After that I never stopped by her work again.

The next one happened when I was only seventeen. We had just barely graduated from HS and the next day three buddies and myself took off to see California. After one day in Vegas and three days down in LA we headed up the coast to San Francisco. We went to a A's game and then went across the bay to see The City. We ended up around Broadway and found a disco that didn't even open until midnight.

After about thirty minutes there and seeing things I had never imagined before I tell my buddies I'm just going outside to get some air. Well next door to this disco they had one of those places where you could watch a short movie for a $.25. The temptation was to strong so I go in and get a bunch of quarters. I find a booth and start plugging in the quarters. The worst thing I had ever seen before was when we would sneak down to Idaho Falls to watch a R rated movie so I'm in sensory overload.

So I'm in this booth for a couple of minutes and some guy pokes his head in and asks if he can join me. Now this is in 1977 and I've spent my years growing up in Rexburg. I really had no idea what a gay person was. I just figured I would get to watch the movies for half the price since he would have some quarters also. Well it didn't take him long to start asking if I got that big and if I had ever done this or that. I looked at him like what the hell are you talking about. He then told me if you wanted company you left your door unlocked. This was the first time in my life my gaydar went off. I quickly got my butt out of that place.

I could make a movie about that week and how four Rexburg boys learned about life on a road trip.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote