cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 04:05 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Okay, I lied

I might not finish it tonight, but I have a couple of crystallizations of concepts that I perhaps forgot in the past.

First, that we even have anything from early Christians is amazing and miraculous, given what was occurring.

Second, no scripture is the inerrant word of God. It is all conveyed through the imperfections of language, understanding, context, and social milieu. It is man's best effort to convey an understanding of religious concepts for the time being, based on stated limitations in dialectic with other truths inutterable.

The concept of canon is worthy but impossible. Nothing in learning about divine is static. There may be pathways which scripture or teachings can guide, but life and awareness of eterniities is dynamic, fluid, full of eddies and currents which defy capture or definition. Language is a wonderful invention, but it is imperfect. Thank God for it.

First and Second Chapters are fascinating. yet one is frustrated not having more source material available.