cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Heroes

I finally starting to watch the episodes online.

I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

24 has spoiled me in that no series can match it for it's constant tension and sometimes over the top violence....i.e...Jack turning into a vampire in last night's season premiere, but Heroes....I'm surprised at how Graphic some of the violence they're allowed to get away with on Network Television.

Not that I'm complaining mind you.

Anyways,,,so far I've watched the first 5 episodes of Heroes and plan on getting through the first 11 before the next ones start up again on Jan 22nd.

Holy Nerdville.....Monday nights just became the night to watch TV. 24, Prison Break and Heroes all in one night.

Thank God for the internet.

LOST could learn some lessons in how these shows move their plots along without alienating their audiences. The sharp decline in viewership for LOST, you'd think the creators would start to take some hints, but I'm not too confident they will. I hope they don't X-File themselves into nothing.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:38 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I have only casually watched 24 here and there the last few years. If I came across it and there wasn't something else on that interested me more, I'd watch it.

That said, I turned it on tonight to see what all the fuss was about and found myself totally engrossed in it. It was the fastest 2 hours of tv that I can ever remember watching. I am now hooked and FHE will be earlier than it usually has been at the Padrino house.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

this article talks about plans for LOST, that they hope to avoid the fate of x-files.

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11372

They are trying to set up and end-date for the show.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
this article talks about plans for LOST, that they hope to avoid the fate of x-files.

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=11372

They are trying to set up and end-date for the show.
I just hope they had an actual ending to the show all along. I have this sneaking suspicion that they've been planning on crossing that bridge when they come to it. "Well, it's been 4 years, how the hell are we gonna explain those polar bears"?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote