cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My son just bought Guitar Hero 2

I don't know if you remember me telling you all about the original game, but it is a highly addictive one that truly fools you into feeling like you are playing the song. There was a front page article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday about how even actual rock stars are addicted to the game. Playing it backstage and on their tourbuses. The set list for this second game is a fun one.

Here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_...I#Main_setlist

Goose, I think we know what we're doing at halftime on Thursday.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I don't know if you remember me telling you all about the original game, but it is a highly addictive one that truly fools you into feeling like you are playing the song. There was a front page article in the Wall Street Journal yesterday about how even actual rock stars are addicted to the game. Playing it backstage and on their tourbuses. The set list for this second game is a fun one.

Here it is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_...I#Main_setlist

Goose, I think we know what we're doing at halftime on Thursday.
I think these games are a blast. I have done the karaoke, dance dance revolution, and guitar hero. Good times all around.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

OK, I finally got around to trying this out. My son's friend brought it over to our house the other day with his PS2. My son (who plays electric guitar anyway) picked it up right away. I wasn't that great at it, but still had a good time. I am not a video game guy at all, but this was seriously fun. When they came to pick up the game, my wife and I were downstairs taking turns with it. They had to pry it away from us.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 AM   #4
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
OK, I finally got around to trying this out. My son's friend brought it over to our house the other day with his PS2. My son (who plays electric guitar anyway) picked it up right away. I wasn't that great at it, but still had a good time. I am not a video game guy at all, but this was seriously fun. When they came to pick up the game, my wife and I were downstairs taking turns with it. They had to pry it away from us.
Joel Zumaya of the Tigers had a clause put in his contract that he can no longer play guitar hero, because he developed elbow problems from playing it so much. Thats why he missed some time in the World Series.