cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2006, 02:20 AM   #11
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death
pardon my asking but did my post come off as angry? I am totally confused by your post
Yeah, you came off angry. Like you were personally offended that I didnt like the movie. Nothing personal against you. I was just saying The Warriors did not live up to the hype in my opinion.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
Yeah, you came off angry. Like you were personally offended that I didnt like the movie. Nothing personal against you. I was just saying The Warriors did not live up to the hype in my opinion.
It's one of those wierd cult classics that kind of grows on you. I personally like The Warriors but I caught it on late-night TV once before I'd ever even heard of it and had zero expectations. I'm wondering if perhaps you had too high of expectations based upon the hype?

For example, in high school a lot of people loved Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. They would quote from it, re-enact scenes, make obscure references, etc. The first time I watched it I thought "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen." Over time, it's kind of grown on me and now I can appreciate it for the very qualities that made me dislike it the first time. Perhaps this is the case with you and "The Warriors"?
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:27 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Creekster is right about it being a "time and place" kind of movie. I was in high school when it was released and saw it opening weekend. It's been one of my favorites since.

It's really no different than the Fast and Furious movies. Younger folks seem to love 'em, but I thought they were silly and boring.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote