cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm doing missionary work

I'm doing missionary work and reactivation in my old mission. But I am thousands of miles away from my old mission haunts. I'm in touch with a missionary couple. They are using my likeness and words (received via email) to reach out to old members. I have recruited a few other elders from my era and have provided messages and pictures of them, cribbed from facebook. Apparently even the current missionaries are finding some inspiration from the communication between generations and eras. It's really cool. The tough thing is that the church has gone backwards big time in my mission. Less members, less branches. But it's a cool thing to feel so close to a place that I have been so far from. Technology is really starting to touch even the most remote places in the world.

If you really care about someone or something, your responsibility never ends. Never. Whether that is a family you used to hometeach, kids you mentored in Scouts or YM, or whatever.

Something is cooking, and it's kinda cool. I'm going to keep going down this path and see where it leads.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote