cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a neighborhood Mom's club that my wife may be able to get involved in. We've already had a reception put on by the sellers to introduce us to many of the neighbors. We will meet the church members soon enough, I suppose.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
There is a neighborhood Mom's club that my wife may be able to get involved in. We've already had a reception put on by the sellers to introduce us to many of the neighbors. We will meet the church members soon enough, I suppose.
Shirking your duty are you?

Buck up and pay up for the party, dude.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I would like to indeed have a party. A pig roast. But it isn't going to happen in the next week.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #14
Archaea

Quote:
I would like to indeed have a party. A pig roast. But it isn't going to happen in the next week.
I think you should bury the roasted pig in your backyard, and host a kava party! Great idea.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Well, it's time to check out the new ward.

I'm going to miss my old ward for sure, but life changes. And I won't apologize for putting my family into a better position.

One of the YM, a couple weeks ago, came up to me after church. He's probably the shyest YM we have. He thanked me for all that I had done. That was very nice of him. And I think it bodes well for the kind of man he is going to be.

Although our old ward will be a mere 20 minute drive away, given that it is in a different stake, it might as well be a million miles away.

This Christian Warrior will now be dispatched to his new post. The clink of his sword and scabbard against his chain mail. The stench of the hordes beyond the stone wall and gate. His hands tingle with excitement, the smell of the grasses before they are lain wet. [Hmmm, how far can I take this analogy? I shouldn't have stayed up so late watching that awful Roman Legion movie last night].
Old 12-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #16
Archaea

Quote:
Well, it's time to check out the new ward.

I'm going to miss my old ward for sure, but life changes. And I won't apologize for putting my family into a better position.

One of the YM, a couple weeks ago, came up to me after church. He's probably the shyest YM we have. He thanked me for all that I had done. That was very nice of him. And I think it bodes well for the kind of man he is going to be.

Although our old ward will be a mere 20 minute drive away, given that it is in a different stake, it might as well be a million miles away.

This Christian Warrior will now be dispatched to his new post. The clink of his sword and scabbard against his chain mail. The stench of the hordes beyond the stone wall and gate. His hands tingle with excitement, the smell of the grasses before they are lain wet. [Hmmm, how far can I take this analogy? I shouldn't have stayed up so late watching that awful Roman Legion movie last night].
Well I saw Avatar this past weekend. What thinkest thou of that?
Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Well I saw Avatar this past weekend. What thinkest thou of that?
If you are asking what I think about you seeing it, I'm fine with that.

If you are asking what I think about the movie, I haven't seen it yet, but will.