cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default At what point is revolution justified?

At what point can you start killing members of your own government, whether elected or not, because they do not espouse your ideals of freedom, etc.

Is "Taxation without representation" reason enough that one could kill some poor English redcoat? Or is that murder?

If a group started killing the Basij militia, in hopes of terrorizing and overthrowing the oppressive Iranian regime, is that murder? Or is that Revolution, of the type that us Americans are so proud of?

The American sharpshooters that targeted officers and generals.....would this be much different than a car pulling up to Ahdminajad (sorry I've never bothered to learn this asswipe's name) and tenderizing him with punctuated lead caress?

Honestly, I don't know. We (those of us that hope to be moral) generally say that violence is only a last resort, and that our own acts of violence are in self-defense.

Gandhi would probably not have accomplished very much if he had been murdered in South Africa. Or early in his Indian campaign.

Are these Iranian mullahs the sort of people that mow through men, women, and children in order to hold onto power? Nobody would be shocked.

By the way, am I the only one who is now even more uncomfortable with the idea of a Muslim Caliphate running the world? Yeah, I know there are are moderate, liberal, democratic Muslims. But damn, if there aren't a lot of crazies as well.

I probably need to repent in that a part of me would probably be delighted to see Ayatolloah Khameni's head kicked into a ditch. I'm getting tired of the bad guys winning. I'm tired of seeing the world go into the crapper while we twiddle our thumbs. But alas, the solutions are not easy.

Last edited by MikeWaters; 06-25-2009 at 06:09 AM.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote