cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lies, lies, lies

Remember the saying, "If it is time to bury your guns, it's the time to use them."

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Remember the saying, "If it is time to bury your guns, it's the time to use them."

100% true. He does believe it protects your right to bear arms. He simply disagrees on which arms are protected. You don't believe nukes are protected. Neither does he. You don't believe tanks are protected. Neither does he. You don't believe mines are protected. Neither does he. You don't (I hope) believe that flame throwers are protected. Neither does he. You believe assault weapons are protected. He doesn't. Saying it is a lie makes as much sense as a person calling you a liar for saying you support the 2nd Amendment when you don't support his right to own a tank.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
100% true. He does believe it protects your right to bear arms. He simply disagrees on which arms are protected. You don't believe nukes are protected. Neither does he. You don't believe tanks are protected. Neither does he. You don't believe mines are protected. Neither does he. You don't (I hope) believe that flame throwers are protected. Neither does he. You believe assault weapons are protected. He doesn't. Saying it is a lie makes as much sense as a person calling you a liar for saying you support the 2nd Amendment when you don't support his right to own a tank.
Just like the D.C. City Council believes in the 2nd Amendment?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Just like the D.C. City Council believes in the 2nd Amendment?
Nobody has ever argued that nukes, tanks, and other offensive weaponry is protected, but there are many advocates for all sorts of rifltes, pistols, revolvers, shotguns and automatic weapons. To state his position is deceptive, especially if you are stating "I believe in the Second Amendment" to a group of gun advocates, implicit is, "the same way you do," which is a lie, a fraud and false.

In the eyes of ardent Second Amendment supporters, he against our interpretation of the Second Amendment and not an advocate. Obama knew it in advance and is a fucking liar.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Nobody has ever argued that nukes, tanks, and other offensive weaponry is protected, but there are many advocates for all sorts of rifltes, pistols, revolvers, shotguns and automatic weapons. To state his position is deceptive, especially if you are stating "I believe in the Second Amendment" to a group of gun advocates, implicit is, "the same way you do," which is a lie, a fraud and false.

In the eyes of ardent Second Amendment supporters, he against our interpretation of the Second Amendment and not an advocate. Obama knew it in advance and is a fucking liar.
He said a thousand times he favored stricter regulation of assault weapons. He wasn't hiding the ball at all about his interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. And his interpretation, by the way, is the legally accepted interpretation as of now and as of when he was running for office. Why is this so hard for you to understand? So he doesn't accept your version of the 2nd Amendment. So what? Your interpretation isn't legally accurate (according to the Supreme Court). His is.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
He said a thousand times he favored stricter regulation of assault weapons. He wasn't hiding the ball at all about his interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. And his interpretation, by the way, is the legally accepted interpretation as of now and as of when he was running for office. Why is this so hard for you to understand? So he doesn't accept your version of the 2nd Amendment. So what? Your interpretation isn't legally accurate (according to the Supreme Court). His is.
well, even if he does support the 2nd amendment as you argue, he certainly doesn't support the RKBA movement. In fact, he is diametrically opposed to it.

The gun message boards are ROILING right now. It's like a nuclear bomb has gone off.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
His ads were and are deceptive. He's a liar.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewaters View Post

the gun message boards are roiling right now. It's like a nuclear bomb has gone off.
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #9
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
His ads were and are deceptive. He's a liar.
No, he's not a liar; you're just a fool. You know that to support 2nd Amendment rights can mean something very different to two different people. I support due process. What the f*** does that mean? Both Justices Ginsburg and Scalia can say it, but they decide issues on what that means very differently. Same with 2d Amendment and any somewhat open-ended constitutional provision. You're naive. Obama never lied: you just didn't do your research.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote