cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2006, 03:09 PM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Unfortunately police forces play into the process... some murders get a lot more attention than others, and that is a shame.
Any murder is a shame. I think that we have two extremes here, one in Texas and one in Utah. In Utah the murder of 5 year old Destiny Norton is the top headline, and the police are taking a beating from the family. The family by no means is middle class and yet it's still a top story. The one Mike talks about in Texas is also a shame, especially because it seems so petty. But like Mike says, it is already forgotten. If you ask me though, I would say that the murder of a 5 year old girl is much more gruesome and does attract more attention.

Sad to contrast the two. Then again looking at Robin's neck of the woods, only a day without murder would be news worthy.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote