cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
LOL. That is exactly the book I thought about. WHat is the ole Ruffster up to these days?

I know he went bankrupt during the rough times in the 80's. Sadly it was mainly just rough for him. Don't know what he is doing now.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Umm, for those of you who think this isn't a problem, if you read some articles you will find out there have been RIOTS in several countries already over this.

So esp. those of you that carry your year's supply in your girth, you can sit back in your wealth and not worry about food prices, but trust me, there are people whose lives are on the line.
It is a sad situation and worrisome no doubt. Can you think of a time in world history when there wasn't something worrisome and sad though.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

My bro in law wants to start stockpiling guns, ammo, diesel fuel, warm clothes, food, etc. at our family cabin. Then he wants to build a fence around the entire place (6 acres), like a fence is going to stop anyone from getting in there if something does happen and everyone is desperate. I'm sick of talking to him about it. I'm all for being prepared, but some people really go overboard.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #14
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
My bro in law wants to start stockpiling guns, ammo, diesel fuel, warm clothes, food, etc. at our family cabin. Then he wants to build a fence around the entire place (6 acres), like a fence is going to stop anyone from getting in there if something does happen and everyone is desperate. I'm sick of talking to him about it. I'm all for being prepared, but some people really go overboard.
that's crazy. does he know how much diesel fuel costs!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 PM   #15
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I am having to tell myself over and over again about all the "bad days are coming" scenarios I have seen through my life. Why? I keep considering buying a place in the Unitahs and stocking it with food and guns. I keep watching the history and discovery channel and they are scaring me .
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #16
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
that's crazy. does he know how much diesel fuel costs!!
I reently talked to someone who grows winter wheat. He recently sold a portion of this year's crop in the futures market for around $10/bushel. Last June it was around $6.

What is the shelf life of deisel? Gasoline may be on the order of months with proper treatment.

So everyone who stores raw wheat, what is its shelf life and what do you do with it when its about to go bad?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #17
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
I reently talked to someone who grows winter wheat. He recently sold a portion of this year's crop in the futures market for around $10/bushel. Last June it was around $6.

What is the shelf life of deisel? Gasoline may be on the order of months with proper treatment.

So everyone who stores raw wheat, what is its shelf life and what do you do with it when its about to go bad?
Raw wheat can be stored for decades.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #18
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
To quote the late, great Sam Kineson: Those people need to move to where the food is.

Sam was right.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote