cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Regarding Valverde, the only real weakness I can potentially see is the time trial. I found it interested to hear LA and Bruneel point out that the key to the tour CG was one strong mountain top win and 2 strong time trial finishes. This could also be Basso's trouble this year, as Ullrich looked very strong in the ITT a couple of weeks ago.
Can't disagree with you about his realtive weakness inthe ITT, but the ITT is so technique specificthat I think he ought to be able to improve that with work. It is easier to improve the ITT, for example, than to suddenly beccome a great climber or an explosive finsiher. Unless you are taking help fomr your local pharmacist.

Ullrich did look good in the ITT in the Giro, but Basso was right there with him, finsihing second, and Basso absolutely destroyed the field, including pre-race-drop-out Ullrich, in the mountains.