cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default They just fired the receptionist at my work

this lady is probably mid 60s has no backup, single, lives with her mom, and they walked in today and laid her off. One of the nicest ladies i have ever met. We work in a real estate office and due to the market they are downsizing the front office as well. So those of you that laugh at all the people that are having their homes foreclosed on for getting in over their heads, remember that they are not the only ones affected.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
this lady is probably mid 60s has no backup, single, lives with her mom, and they walked in today and laid her off. One of the nicest ladies i have ever met. We work in a real estate office and due to the market they are downsizing the front office as well. So those of you that laugh at all the people that are having their homes foreclosed on for getting in over their heads, remember that they are not the only ones affected.
That is sad to hear.

I prefer to hear about all the hedge fund managers and people who put the sub-prime thing together getting their butts handed to them.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM   #3
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That is sad to hear.

I prefer to hear about all the hedge fund managers and people who put the sub-prime thing together getting their butts handed to them.
yeah me too, i have no problem with that or the tools that came to me a few months ago that wanted me to do some loans where I would have made close to 1 million dollars helping them, and now they are in jail.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
yeah me too, i have no problem with that or the tools that came to me a few months ago that wanted me to do some loans where I would have made close to 1 million dollars helping them, and now they are in jail.
so that thing you told us about before, that was the sportscaster guy? wow. I've never known what it feels like to have a million bucks slip out of your pocket. I guess you won't be sponsoring me in fantasy football next year.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:24 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Was she due to receive a pension if she was still employed there at age 65?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
so that thing you told us about before, that was the sportscaster guy? wow. I've never known what it feels like to have a million bucks slip out of your pocket. I guess you won't be sponsoring me in fantasy football next year.
No that one is different its still going to happen, those are some lots in park city, we just recieved the building permits on those a few days ago.

This was different and yes it did involve Dave Fox, although i had no contact with him at all and had no idea he was involved. Basically what they did was get 4 or 5 guys, and buy the same house over and over from one another for a slightly larger price each time, until the house was 500k to 1,000,000 higher than its actual value and they would sell it ot someone not in their circle. They wanted me to do their loans for the group.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why people enjoy seeing the market turn...it sucks for people that are just trying to live in a house, any house so they take out loans to be able to live in a house. They are now screwed. Should they have known better? Probably...but that doesn't mean people should be happy about it. They are often near orgasmic when discussing it over on cougarboard.

And yes that sucks about your receptionist. They probably saved $30K by doing that...not much and thats too bad.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote