cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Tabernacle (Old Testament)

This summer in my stake (Ashburn, VA), for youth conference, some of the stake members, lead by Dale Van Atta (church member, and author/columnist that helped right for Jack Anderson) put together a full sized replica of the Old Testament Tabernacle as outlined in Exodus 25.

It has been up for a few weeks now, and will be taken down around August 11, but any east coast board members within reach of this area should try to come and see it.

My wife and I had the opportunity to go on a formal tour of the structure with Brother Van Atta giving a presentation along the way. The tour and presentation probably lasted an hour or so, and I thinkt that it is reasonable to say that you could go two or three times and not get all of the information that was presented...there was a lot of information! AND, even some good speculation.

Going in, I didn't know a great deal about the Tabernacle and I was fascinated by some of the stories that Brother Van Atta told...specifically about the Isrialites being guided/protected during the day by a cloud and a pillar of fire by night (Redeemer of Israel).

The symbolism and temple connections were apparent and also very interesting as well...lots of numbers and other fairly regularly used symbols, but all really interesting.

There was a lot more, including the high priest garb & duties, the significance of gold frankinsense and mir, as well as discussion of Moses receiving the higher law.

Very good stuff.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

address?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
address?
Check your boardmail.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
This summer in my stake (Ashburn, VA), for youth conference, some of the stake members, lead by Dale Van Atta (church member, and author/columnist that helped right for Jack Anderson) put together a full sized replica of the Old Testament Tabernacle as outlined in Exodus 25.

It has been up for a few weeks now, and will be taken down around August 11, but any east coast board members within reach of this area should try to come and see it.

My wife and I had the opportunity to go on a formal tour of the structure with Brother Van Atta giving a presentation along the way. The tour and presentation probably lasted an hour or so, and I thinkt that it is reasonable to say that you could go two or three times and not get all of the information that was presented...there was a lot of information! AND, even some good speculation.

Going in, I didn't know a great deal about the Tabernacle and I was fascinated by some of the stories that Brother Van Atta told...specifically about the Isrialites being guided/protected during the day by a cloud and a pillar of fire by night (Redeemer of Israel).

The symbolism and temple connections were apparent and also very interesting as well...lots of numbers and other fairly regularly used symbols, but all really interesting.

There was a lot more, including the high priest garb & duties, the significance of gold frankinsense and mir, as well as discussion of Moses receiving the higher law.

Very good stuff.
Wow, that is awesome. Good for that member.