cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 AM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default Funk, we disagree on a lot of things

But you taking the bashing over on Ufans because of your opinion on how the Marquis Wilson situation should be handled is not right.

They're being assholes.

Particularly telling is VegasUte's justifying away drunk driving and Mr. Crimson putting words in your mouth that you've never actually said saying it's okay for BYU players to be kicking down doors. He's literally inventing things never said.

You're taking a lot of unjustified B.S. over there. Not cool.

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...#message465073

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 06-08-2007 at 12:17 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Wow... what a bunch of dicks.

I bet you the majority of those who are coming down on funk for his view on drunk driving are those same ones who have 1) driven drunk at some point and 2) because they never got caught and nobody got hurt, don't think it is a big deal.

Then again, anybody who cares what Mr. Crimson thinks about them...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

I'm just a little surprised,,,although considering those who're justifying drunk driving,,,I shouldn't be....but I'm just surprised at the justification of it.

Like many other people I know people who've been impacted permanently because some dipyewt decided to get behind the wheel of his car after drinking, so when it comes to something like that issue, I am biased.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #4
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I'm just a little surprised,,,although considering those who're justifying drunk driving,,,I shouldn't be....but I'm just surprised at the justification of it.

Like many other people I know people who've been impacted permanently because some dipyewt decided to get behind the wheel of his car after drinking, so when it comes to something like that issue, I am biased.
It is difficult to not be biased in one specific direction when it comes to drunk driving and it is hard to fathom why anyone would want to justify it...

It reminds me of the "boys will be boys" arguments we see so often...and in my mind, those kind of arguments just don't stack up and show a real lack of understanding.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking should be locked up and the key thrown away forever - be it a first or multiple offense. Drunk drivers are a danger to society and we'd be better off not having them on the street.

I they injure or kill someone while driving drunk, they should be put to death immediately.

Harsh? Not in my opinion.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #6
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a vehicle after drinking should be locked up and the key thrown away forever - be it a first or multiple offense. Drunk drivers are a danger to society and we'd be better off not having them on the street.

I they injure or kill someone while driving drunk, they should be put to death immediately.

Whoah that's a post people think I would make.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Whoah that's a post people think I would make.
Well, I lost a family member to a selfish drunk driver, so my opinion is very biased.

I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who drinks and gets behind the wheel of a vehicle.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #8
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I am not as extreme in my opinion...but drunk driving is a horrible offense and the person should be punished. Whether it be he loses his license for a year or does jail time and receives a huge fine. A football player that does it should be suspended, no question. 1 game, 2 games, 3 games? That I don't know, but he needs to know that it will not be tolerated.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 02:05 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

Quote:

While I don't share your opinion that they be put to death immediately I do believe that mandatory prison time on the 1st offense is the bare minimum.

Like you, I've had someone close (2 actually) to me killed by a drunk driver and I've no tolerance for it.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:03 AM   #10
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Since Vegas ute is making haste judgements i will judge him, it sounds like this dude drives drunk regularly. How can you justify the difference between drunk driving and DUI? That is the dumbest argument i have ever heard. Honestly he is a total dipshit for even trying to have this argument.

Basically he is going to the whole "Its not breaking the law, unless you get caught" I sure hope he doesnt have kids.