cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Obama tainted

So we see inside the machine that spawned Obama. It's hard to see him the same. The most jarring thing for me is the business as usual aspect of it. At first it's tempting to wonder if the governor was suffering some kind of a breakdown. But there were too many people coming and doing his bidding. Like OJ, his plea will be, "But I didn't know I was doing anything wrong." Speaks volumes. And they were just one step away from adding Obama to their circle of filth (giving Obama the benefit of the doubt). They were talking about him like he would be approached in due course.

Each election when I review our pamphlet I'm always amazed at how little most politicians did with their lives other than politics. Here in Washington almost all of them didn't even go to good schools or distinguish themselves academically, including the judges (AG Rob McKenna the only exception). Like geckos, politicians seem to be hard wired for just one thing.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm most amused by the exclamations of shock and disbelief and horror from the usual pundits, commentators, and politicians.

Look at the corporate boards, look at the lobbysts, look what former congressional staffers, and the ex-congresspersons themselves are doing.

It's like the whole body has HIV but there is only outrage at the Kaposi Sarcoma.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
So we see inside the machine that spawned Obama. It's hard to see him the same. The most jarring thing for me is the business as usual aspect of it. At first it's tempting to wonder if the governor was suffering some kind of a breakdown. But there were too many people coming and doing his bidding. Like OJ, his plea will be, "But I didn't know I was doing anything wrong." Speaks volumes. And they were just one step away from adding Obama to their circle of filth (giving Obama the benefit of the doubt). They were talking about him like he would be approached in due course.

Each election when I review our pamphlet I'm always amazed at how little most politicians did with their lives other than politics. Here in Washington almost all of them didn't even go to good schools or distinguish themselves academically, including the judges (AG Rob McKenna the only exception). Like geckos, politicians seem to be hard wired for just one thing.
Where do you get that they talked about Obama like he "would be approached in due coarse?" It is pretty clear they approached somebody affiliated with Obama, and were roundly rejected and told they would get absolutely nothing from Obama, at which point Blagojovich called Obama a "motherf***er."
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Where do you get that they talked about Obama like he "would be approached in due coarse?" It is pretty clear they approached somebody affiliated with Obama, and were roundly rejected and told they would get absolutely nothing from Obama, at which point Blagojovich called Obama a "motherf***er."
LA Times asked Obama if any of his staff had talked with Gov.'s people, and he refused to answer the question.

There might be some there there.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
LA Times asked Obama if any of his staff had talked with Gov.'s people, and he refused to answer the question.

There might be some there there.
The Obamaniacs are circling the wagons, even though they may not need to. Obama was Palinesque in his responses to questions yesterday: 1) I never talked to Bago, 2) This is very sad, 3) That's all I'm going to say.

I think Cali is right, the two teams talked with each other. It would be strange if they didn't. That the Obama team seems so reticent to acknowledge that is even stranger (to me).

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The reluctance may be this:

"We knew he was dirty. But we can't say that, because we didn't actually do anything about it. Which may make you think that we consider this business as usual in Illinois politics and politics in general. You would be correct in assuming that."

So Obama's team didn't play ball with the governor, but they knew about the game being played, and that is enough to taint the Messiah.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
SeattleUte

Waters, good HIV analogy.

—Paul Auster
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Waters, good HIV analogy.
I know.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #9
SeattleUte

I wonder who would go and make promises on behalf of Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. that JJ Jr. would raise $1 million for the appointment. I wonder who would do that without JJ Jr. approving it or knowing about it.

—Paul Auster
Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Gov. B. apparently never learned about 1) plausible deniability, and 2) Big Brother.

Rainbow Coalition has been shaking down corporations forever, but it's really not fair to get upset at them, as there are so many other pigs eating in the same trough.