cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 04:28 AM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Diabolical logic of radical Islam

The dream of radical Islam is to re-establish the ancient caliphate. They believe ultimately God will help them make the entire world a Muslim theocracy, but first things first. They want to win back the old Muslim empire that stretched from India to Spain, through north Africa and of course the Middle East. Yet even in their own back yard, everywhere they turn, America is closing in. Iraq invades Kuwait, and 500,000 American troops occupy the Arabian peninsula. This drove bin Ladin crazy, even shortly after he partnered with America to help win the Soviet-Afghan war. They were no less appalled when U.S. troops brought food to Somalia, even as we thought it was an awful, thankless task. They saw it as a pretext to control the horn of Africa and access to the Red Sea. The U.S. was once again in a historically Muslim country, taking up space, exercising authority, winnng friends, stategically placed.

Prosperity means trading with Americans, and tolerating the insidious invasion of their music, movies, food, language, etc. Modernity, trade, progress, consumption, even pleasure=assaults on Islam. If you say, "we're going to Iraq to kill Sadam and set up a democracy and free market system," what they hear is as awful as if we heard, "We're going to kill every American."

If Islam is just one of many religions in a pluralisitc society where everyone lives prosperously and peacefully side by side, worshiping as they please, Islam is dead, in their view of Islam. All the mosques might as well be burned to cinders. Bin Ladin's cult believes that if you're Muslim, and you vote in a democratic country, you're an apostate and deserve death, because you have acknowledged a superior civic power to Islam.

By the same token, all who trade with Americans, facilitate America's prosperity or success in any way, deserve death. America is the arch enemy simply because all that it stands for stands in opposition to how they percieve Islam. Where America's values take root, Islam dies. They cannot co-exist. That's how radical Islam sees America.

If we could retreat ino complete and unadulterated isolationism and have no contact direct or indirect with the Middle East I submit the terrorism would stop, even as they went back 1,400 years. But that's not possible. We need the oil.

—Paul Auster

Last edited by SeattleUte; 06-23-2007 at 04:49 AM.
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

radical islam is spook!
but i believe that west has built its civilization and modernization castles upon eastern essences .too late to close the doors.
and i do believe that the first way might be the most facile but itsnot definitely the best .
Old 06-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #3
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post

If we could retreat ino complete and unadulterated isolationism and have no contact direct or indirect with the Middle East I submit the terrorism would stop, even as they went back 1,400 years. But that's not possible. We need the oil.
The only thing I disagree with is the notion that isolationism, even unadulterated, would stop the terrorism. Western culture is at war with Islam, be it radical or moderate. That war would've come to our shores regardless. Our very existence, way of life and varying ideologies are the earthly manifestation of evil, in which all Muslims believe ... ultimately their war is with Satan, ergo we are the Great Satan.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
The only thing I disagree with is the notion that isolationism, even unadulterated, would stop the terrorism. Western culture is at war with Islam, be it radical or moderate. That war would've come to our shores regardless. Our very existence, way of life and varying ideologies are the earthly manifestation of evil, in which all Muslims believe ... ultimately their war is with Satan, ergo we are the Great Satan.
there is an idea .how about turning muslim nations to satan and then we would live together in peace.
the project has already begun ,i bet
Old 06-23-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
there is an idea .how about turning muslim nations to satan and then we would live together in peace.
the project has already begun ,i bet
In other words, westernization of the middle east equals America waging spiritual war on muslims nations.

Fanatical Islamic regimes blame America for causing spiritual death in their nations, and therefore they want to physically destroy America.

It's just like Rushdie. Rushdie tried to spiritually destroy the world, so he must be physically destroyed.

It's the ultimate Nephi/Laban scenario. Whoever might cause spiritual death must be subject to physical death. It's nutso.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 06-23-2007 at 03:09 PM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish we could find an alternate fuel source, but we can't. If we could, we could render Muslim nations irrelevant, because outside of oil, Muslim nations produce nothing economically. If Muslim nations had no oil, nobody would care about them as they are economically otherwise impotent.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
In other words, westernization of the middle east equals America waging spiritual war on muslims nations.

Fanatical Islamic regimes blame America for causing spiritual death in their nations, and therefore they want to physically destroy America.

It's just like Rushdie. Rushdie tried to spiritually destroy the world, so he must be physically destroyed.

It's the ultimate Nephi/Laban scenario. Whoever might cause spiritual death must be subject to physical death. It's nutso.
you arenot denying that "westernization" of the middle east by us troops has destroyed hundered of thousands people lives ,are you ?
since rushdi hasnot harmed any single person literally.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I wish we could find an alternate fuel source, but we can't. If we could, we could render Muslim nations irrelevant, because outside of oil, Muslim nations produce nothing economically. If Muslim nations had no oil, nobody would care about them as they are economically otherwise impotent.
you have GREAT sense of humor!
Old 06-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
you have GREAT sense of humor!
It's true, though. Middle Eastern nations contribute nothing of great economic value to the world besides oil.

Persian rugs are great, but they can't support a modern economy.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
It's true, though. Middle Eastern nations contribute nothing of great economic value to the world besides oil.

Persian rugs are great, but they can't support a modern economy.
you wouldnot have had great econemy if you had to live under those plunder governments with huge embezzlement in a long history .how much iran would serve usa econemy to merit the region General ? just guess?