cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2008, 02:06 AM   #61
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
LOL. My grandchildren aren't arguing that now.

Meanwhile, 30-years from now, the defining civil rights issue of the day will be bestiality and whether or not a man should be permitted to marry his horse. Presently, the LDS church will buckle on that too, and on we'll go ...
So you are comparing gay people to animals? Wow! I knew you hated gays, but I didn't think you would go that far.

Tex's Slippery Slope:
  • Black people allow to live
  • Black people allowed to work as slaves
  • Black people freed
  • Black people and women allowed to vote
  • Black people and women allowed to work in government
  • White people allowed to marry black people
  • Same sex marriage
  • Bestiality
What's next? Allowing animals to marry insects?
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #62
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to post a more compelte report (although Bluegoose's sumnmary is pretty accurate) but after seeing how this htread has detriorated I am going to skip it. No one here needs to know anything, as everybody obviously knows it all already.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:43 AM   #63
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

I feel the same way now Creekster.

This is what I have to say...

I am being told by "society" that I am being intolerant because I don't feel that homosexuals should be able to change what I define as marraige. 1 man to 1 woman.

Homosexuals are wanting to change the way marraige is currently defined. I feel that they are intolerant to heterosexuals.

Now who is right?
Old 10-10-2008, 04:21 AM   #64
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
So you are comparing gay people to animals?
*Tex makes best deadpan face.*

Yes, BlueHair. I'm saying gays are animals.

Quote:
What's next? Allowing animals to marry insects?
That will be 60 years down the line. Patience, we'll get there.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:01 AM   #65
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I flew back from California to SLC this evening and the lady behind me spent most of the flight telling the guy in the seat next to me all about the Prop 8 meeting last night. She made it sound like the entire meeting was spent listing all of the doomsday scenarios should prop 8 fail; with a special emphasis on corrupting poor innocent school children with pro-gay propaganda.

It worked for her. She is 100% pro-prop 8. She was essentially bearing her testimony to that effect. After a while I just had to put in my headphones.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #66
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
LOL. My grandchildren aren't arguing that now.

Meanwhile, 30-years from now, the defining civil rights issue of the day will be bestiality and whether or not a man should be permitted to marry his horse. Presently, the LDS church will buckle on that too, and on we'll go ...
Tex is a grandpa; who knew?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #67
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick View Post
I feel the same way now Creekster.

This is what I have to say...

I am being told by "society" that I am being intolerant because I don't feel that homosexuals should be able to change what I define as marraige. 1 man to 1 woman.

Homosexuals are wanting to change the way marraige is currently defined. I feel that they are intolerant to heterosexuals.

Now who is right?
If someone is telling you that this is about tolerance, then they are barking up the wrong tree.

I dont see this as a tolerance issue at all. Gay marriage is currently legal in California, as we all know.

I view this simply as a civil right issue. Pretty simple. And since the arguments against have not been very strong (almost all conjecture), I dont feel persuaded enough to vote to change the law.

I dont equate a vote for Prop 8 as a vote of intolerance. Nor do i think that those who are against Prop 8 are de facto tolerant people. I am not even sure what "tolerance" means in political scenarios.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #68
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
This surprises me. I always thought most Californians were forward thinking. It proves this country is still decades away from equality for all its citizens. I thought ultra conservative views were on the decline.
What the hell does Prop 8 have to do with equality for all citizens? If it passes, everyone will still have the opportunity to get married.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #69
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I have news for your MIL. Three of my son's friends in his 2nd grade class have gay parents. The quarterback on his pee wee football team has two mommies. Reading a story in school isn't going to shape his opinion of gay marriage or families with gay parents. His interaction everyday with normal kids who have gay parents is what is shaping his opinion. Now when he sees that some of his friends have 2 mommies or 2 daddies he shrugs his shoulders and says "big deal".

Families with gay parents are not going away and are going to be more and more common. Reading a story in school is nothing. Once again the prop 8 campaign resorts to fear-mongering.
Really? Gay parents aren't going away? Gee...what genius.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #70
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
She made it sound like the entire meeting was spent listing all of the doomsday scenarios should prop 8 fail; with a special emphasis on corrupting poor innocent school children with pro-gay propaganda.
So you don't think pro-gay principles are going to be introduced into the CA education system? They already are.