cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #51
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Believe it or not, one of the videos promoted last night and available on the church's new website actually uses that line. It's a snippet of an interview with a young college student and she says something like "this isn't anti gay, we have gay friends...." I had to chuckle at that one. Not sure how it made it past the editor.
I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?

I chose not to attend last night. My wife told me that my attendance at home was more important to strenghting my family than being off at some meeting where they can track our donations. She seems to be very Anti the Pro Prop 8 campaign.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #52
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I haven't seen it. Do you have a link?

I choose not to attend last night. My wife told me that my attendance at home was more important to strenghting my family than being off at some meeting where they can track our donations. She seems to be very Anti the Pro Prop 8 campaign.
http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/media...k.flv&type=FLV

The we have gay friends quote is in the last quarter of the video.

Oh, and church's new site is :

www.preservingmarriage.org

Last edited by SteelBlue; 10-09-2008 at 11:17 PM.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #53
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

thanks

Should be titled, "Why we are still single"

Ok that was mean, but was my first reaction.

quit editing your post and adding more content, it is confusing me.

Last edited by bigpiney; 10-09-2008 at 11:20 PM.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #54
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Believe it or not, one of the videos promoted last night and available on the church's new website actually uses that line. It's a snippet of an interview with a young college student and she says something like "this isn't anti gay, we have gay friends...." I had to chuckle at that one. Not sure how it made it past the editor.
I always laugh when people say prop 8 isn't anti-gay. Maybe these people should ask one of their many "gay friends" if they agree that prop 8 isn't anti-gay.

The purpose of the proposition is to amend the state constitution in order to prevent gay marriage and yet the proposition somehow isn't anti-gay? The intellectual dishonesty that goes into the rationalization of these people's political efforts is astounding.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:22 PM   #55
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I always laugh when people say prop 8 isn't anti-gay. Maybe these people should ask one of their many "gay friends" if they agree that prop 8 isn't anti-gay.

The purpose of the proposition is to amend the state constitution in order to prevent gay marriage and yet the proposition somehow isn't anti-gay? The intellectual dishonesty that goes into the rationalization of these people's political efforts is astounding.
You're just playing with semantics.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:43 PM   #56
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post

The GodMakers isnt anti-mormon.

It's pro freedom of speech.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #57
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

A lot of so-called Anti-Mormons use the logic that they have friends and family that are Mormons, and therefore not Anti-Mormon. They claim they love Mormons and don't want them to go to hell. Mormons rarely believe them.

Now Mormons go out of their way to try to legislate against gays and then try to use the cheap line that they have gay friends. Are they ashamed of their position?
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:22 AM   #58
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a gay brother and gay friends/colleagues, and I'm ok with seeing how the gay marriage social experiment goes.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:33 AM   #59
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have a gay brother and gay friends/colleagues, and I'm ok with seeing how the gay marriage social experiment goes.
It will go just like women voting, slavery abolishment, and any other prejudice ending policy. It will improve society. My grandchildren will be appalled that in 2008 people were still scared of gay people. It will go the way of racism and sexism. There will be debates on whether the church was run by bigots (the same arguments made here in regards to African Americans and the priesthood). Tex's and Indy's grandchildren will argue that God hadn't revealed that gay marriage was okay, because we weren't ready for it yet.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #60
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Tex's and Indy's grandchildren will argue that God hadn't revealed that gay marriage was okay, because we weren't ready for it yet.
LOL. My grandchildren aren't arguing that now.

Meanwhile, 30-years from now, the defining civil rights issue of the day will be bestiality and whether or not a man should be permitted to marry his horse. Presently, the LDS church will buckle on that too, and on we'll go ...

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote