cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Bikini, cool or immodest
Cool, unless she's two ton Bertha 36 75.00%
Cool, every gal should own four or five 5 10.42%
Uncool, immodest from the bowels of hell 6 12.50%
Evil, shows you what living in Vegas can do to you 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 PM   #51
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

You know the "our bodies" movement, the one that seems to say that the average woman is obese and should be proud of it? I don't like it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #52
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Gerry Lopez as the leader of the Hui.

"You took his stuff....you pound him."

Laird Hamilton as Lance Burkhart with the best line of the movie:

"I thought I said a big board, but loose Chandler. The nose is too thick. I don't ride waves going straight like some people I know.....you still have a single-fin mentality. I need a big board with lots more rocker....that's an old man's board, Chandler."

And all those Hot Tuna t-shirts.
"You so haole, you don't even know you haole."

"When are you going to stop calling me barney?"

"When you're not a barney anymore, barney."

"You think Chandler teach me to big wave surf? Not! Shape? Not even!"

Anyway, I have a muffin top over my board shorts. More like my Buddha belly spilling over. Hence, Shawn Briley is my favorite surfer ever.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #53
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You know the "our bodies" movement, the one that seems to say that the average woman is obese and should be proud of it? I don't like it.
I don't know how you would define obese, but I'm sure Archaea's definition is messed up.

I give this a 1.5

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...mily_Levan.jpg

I give this about a 9

http://thetrendsetter.files.wordpres...elmagazine.jpg
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #54
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Bikini bottoms: cool. Bikini tops: completely unnecessary.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #55
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

I have no contact with the YW program, so I didn't realize the swimsuit standards rule has stuck by the no 2-piece bright line, which makes absolutely NO SENSE, since every swimsuit is different. As many ladies have mentioned, the one-piecers can be "immodest" as much, if not more, than the two-piecers.

But I'm also not aware that as an adult female, I am supposed to follow this rule? Is that true? Perhaps they only preach that in YW because they expect women will grow up and cover up as their bodies are ravaged by the type of child-bearing they are expected to do? Or maybe because teenage girl bodies are more likely to be up to the the standards of beauty (no sags, strecth marks, wrinkles, dimples), that's why we get more strict with them?

Now, I don't know what the difference between "cool" or "immodest" is either. Strictly speaking, perhaps all swimsuits are immodest because they show skin I am otherwise expected to keep covered to garment-level boundaries. And yes, I understand the "sports" type exceptions, but when I'm at the pool, I don't always even get in the pool, so take that.

I also realize this whole post is totally stream of consciousness, but I must also say that I think bodies are just bodies, regardless of their levels of perfections, and regardless of their ability, in some contexts, to provoke a sexual response. I think the more we can come to see them that way and just appreciate them, the better off we are and the less we even have to worry about silly things like no tankini rules.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 PM   #56
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I have no contact with the YW program, so I didn't realize the swimsuit standards rule has stuck by the no 2-piece bright line, which makes absolutely NO SENSE, since every swimsuit is different. As many ladies have mentioned, the one-piecers can be "immodest" as much, if not more, than the two-piecers.

But I'm also not aware that as an adult female, I am supposed to follow this rule? Is that true? Perhaps they only preach that in YW because they expect women will grow up and cover up as their bodies are ravaged by the type of child-bearing they are expected to do? Or maybe because teenage girl bodies are more likely to be up to the the standards of beauty (no sags, strecth marks, wrinkles, dimples), that's why we get more strict with them?

Now, I don't know what the difference between "cool" or "immodest" is either. Strictly speaking, perhaps all swimsuits are immodest because they show skin I am otherwise expected to keep covered to garment-level boundaries. And yes, I understand the "sports" type exceptions, but when I'm at the pool, I don't always even get in the pool, so take that.

I also realize this whole post is totally stream of consciousness, but I must also say that I think bodies are just bodies, regardless of their levels of perfections, and regardless of their ability, in some contexts, to provoke a sexual response. I think the more we can come to see them that way and just appreciate them, the better off we are and the less we even have to worry about silly things like no tankini rules.
What? you don't think these are a viable and lovely option?

pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #57
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
What? you don't think these are a viable and lovely option?

AHHHH! I should have known. Where did these come from? Some ranch in Texas?
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #58
MikeWaters
Demiurge

This is Farrah in her swimsuit:

Old 07-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #59
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
This is Farrah in her swimsuit:

Be sure to let us know how many of your teeth the oral surgeon is able to save.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #60
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I've told her I don't like her hair with bangs. Just grow it out long.

What do you guys think?