cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM   #31
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Hunters are awesome. They buy these machines to release corn at a specific time of the day. These machines use batteries and are often maintained using small solar panels.

When the big day comes, the hunter hides near the machine waiting for the deer to come for the free snack he has become accustomed to. Deer arrives. Deer shot. Hunter whoops and hollers looking forward to the evening where he will masturbate, reliving the kill in his mind.

Who wouldn't love hunting?

Whatever. This has nothing to do with the effect of the iossue on the election, which is pretty much zero, IMO.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
You, and many dems, just don't get Palin. This will not be a wedge issue as you describe it. No women that aren't already leaning to Barry will change as a result of this issue.
I get Palin, but I'm pretty sure the Hilary supporters McCain was hoping would jump over to his ticket because of Palin aren't the hunting_from_airplanes type.

At some point the Palin bubble will burst. Whether that's before or after the election is the $64K pregunta. In the meantime, it's a serious curveball for Obama, who needs to steer the attention back to the old warrior from the old era.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 AM   #33
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I once invited a friend from Texas hunting up here. He was pretty gung ho about it until he realized that we would actually be hunting and not doing as you describe above. Texas is a sickness.
Exactly. No self-respecting hunter out west would hunt that way.

I don't have a problem with controlling the population as long as it's based on sound science. I am not convinced yet that Palin understands or is committed to sound science.

Either way, providing a bounty for hunting wolves from planes is stupid policy from a political perspective.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:31 AM   #34
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish Palin would come to Memphis and hunt armadillos from her helicopter.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote