cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 01:03 AM   #1
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default Men Bad?

So I was sitting in Gospel Principles Sunday during church. At some point during the lesson, though, it became something of a man-bashing session. The theme seemed to turn into women are basically good and that men were bad. Several sisters in the room set it up and several brothers were happy to agree with them; 'yes we're messed up all right.' A young lady(18 or so) in the room even volunteered that in her recent visit with the bishop that he said that "men are stupid...And that's coming from the Bishop!" This whole non-lovefest lasted about 10 minutes. I did not volunteer my views at the time(I'm still trying to figure out whether that was wise or not) knowing that it probably be viewed as somewhat chauvanistic by the sisters. Talk about a double standard.

Anyhow, I grow weary of the purposeful and repeated public ripping on men in public and the men smiling and agreeing with the whole thing. I wouldn't care about an individual event so much but this happens over & over again. Apparently its vogue in the church now to behave like this.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote