cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #21
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Maybe I could be convinced that Obama was for reparations if you could provide any sort of evidence.
Obama should go for reparations from his absentee black father first.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #22
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Maybe I could be convinced that Obama was for reparations if you could provide any sort of evidence.
Well, we could have a lot of fun with this quote:

"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #23
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default So.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

"I consistently believe that when it comes to whether it's Native Americans or African-American issues or reparations, the most important thing for the U.S. government to do is not just offer words, but offer deeds."
is he in favor or against reparations? Sounds like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth! Imagine that.

I don't care if he were running against the Geico lizard, I would vote for the lizard.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #24
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Tex, I think this is what he means:
"I have said in the past - and I'll repeat again - that the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed," the Illinois Democrat said recently.

And I agree with him.

But don't let me get in the way of your belief that he works for Satan full-time. I'm sure Saint Sean Hannity and your other vaunted sources of news know more than me.

-- Ken Loach
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #25
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Ryan View Post
Tex, I think this is what he means:
"I have said in the past - and I'll repeat again - that the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed," the Illinois Democrat said recently.

And I agree with him.

But don't let me get in the way of your belief that he works for Satan full-time. I'm sure Saint Sean Hannity and your other vaunted sources of news know more than me.

Yes, this is the obvious interpretation, as Obama for years has stated his opposition to reparations. Most recently yesterday.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...H9OMgD92AAVLO0
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #26
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

I doubt "we" could have fun with that quote, as it seems fairly obvious what he means to people with an IQ over 12. I believe "you" could have a lot of fun with that quote along with exUte. Then again, I also believe you could have a lot of fun with swiss cheese and cymbals.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I doubt "we" could have fun with that quote, as it seems fairly obvious what he means to people with an IQ over 12. I believe "you" could have a lot of fun with that quote along with exUte. Then again, I also believe you could have a lot of fun with swiss cheese and cymbals.
So, oh high IQ one, what does he mean when he says "..not just offer words, but offer deeds"?

Please explain how he's not saying reparations should be made. If you're as smart as you claim to be, share the light.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:05 PM   #28
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
So, oh high IQ one, what does he mean when he says "..not just offer words, but offer deeds"?

Please explain how he's not saying reparations should be made. If you're as smart as you claim to be, share the light.
Frank and Clark already hit on exactly that point.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #29
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Frank and Clark already hit on exactly that point.
That is their interpretation of what Obama is saying and apparently it's your interpretation as well. Can you not see how others would think he is for reparations?

If Obama would come out and say what he means, rather than just some vague comment, his words would be more effective.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #30
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
That is their interpretation of what Obama is saying and apparently it's your interpretation as well. Can you not see how others would think he is for reparations?

If Obama would come out and say what he means, rather than just some vague comment, his words would be more effective.
He has said what he means. He has consistently said, over the course of years and repeated again this week, that he is opposed to reparations. You are choosing not to listen to him and then criticizing him for your decision not to listen. I can't help you out on this one.