cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
"anti-Israel"? Where did that come from? Are you aware that a substantial percentage of the Israeli citizens would like to have the settlements dismantled? Are you going to label them all "anti-Israel"?
Looking back over the thread, I guess I was referring more to this comment than the others:

Quote:
I don't really feel bad for the Israelis. They have trampled on the Palestinians and made little serious effort for peace.
Seems relatively anti-Israel to me. As far as national opinion goes, Israel has long had an identity crisis as to what those settlements mean, and what they should do with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
And FWIW, I just spent the last week with a close friend of mind who is an Israeli citizen who lives near Tel Aviv. Don't give me your condescending "Bizarro world" bullshit, Tex.
Good for you. CG still represents near the polar opposite of my views.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #22
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
As it currently stands, Hezbollah is leading the way to a Lebanese civil war. Iraq continues in instability. Iran continues it's verbal threats against Israel, the other day Admadinejad called it a 'stinking corpse' that is destined to dissappear. A peaceful Israel will soon be a non-existent Israel.
True. Have you had the chance to read "From Beirut to Jerusalem?" It gives some great insight into the issues there.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #23
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
True. Have you had the chance to read "From Beirut to Jerusalem?" It gives some great insight into the issues there.
It's a good book, for a lot of reasons. Not only does it give some great insight into the Middle East conflict on the individual/personal level, but it reflects some of Friedman's own personal doubts about his heritage. You really get a firsthand view of the dichtomies Jews of all flavors face, especially those who choose to live in Israel.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 05-14-2008, 05:59 PM   #24
Tex

Andy McCarthy:

Quote:
Fox reports an Israeli shopping mall has been struck by a rocket fired from Gaza. Palestinian Islamic [INSENSITIVE TERM DELETED] has claimed responsibility. No word yet on when the peace-loving Palestinians of Gaza and the West Bank will rise up in condemnation against this handful of criminals that is perverting the true Islam.

Did I mention that recent polling indicates that 50 percent of Palestinians openly support terrorist attacks against Israel? On the bright side, this compares favorably with the 93 percent of young Palestinian adults (aged 18 to 25) who deny Israel’s right to exist — a figure that plummets to a mere 75 percent when the total population is factored in. Obviously, this has nothing to do with Islam and is caused by foolish Americans who enhance the self-esteem of terrorists by referring to them as you-know-what-ists.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...hmNTUyN2U4MzY=

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 05-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do Israelis have the right to live in Palestinians homes?

Or put another way, why don't Palestinians have a right to fight to get back in their own homes?

(I am not talking figuratively about "homes", I am speaking literally. Their own homes).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #26
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Tex, your silence speaks volumes.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote