cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2008, 11:49 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I am that guy. And I am the guy who is giddy he now will be.

Of course, you thought it would be Giuliani.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...87&postcount=7

And you weren't too high on McCain's chances either.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...70&postcount=3

Go figure.
No, I didn't think there was a chance in hell that McCain would ever get the nomination. But I don't usually go around wagging my finger in folks' faces about my political predictions either.

"McCain won't win the nomination. Bank on it."

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3426364

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #22
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
No, I didn't think there was a chance in hell that McCain would ever get the nomination. But I don't usually go around wagging my finger in folks' faces about my political predictions either.

"McCain won't win the nomination. Bank on it."

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3426364
"McCain simply won't be the Republican nominee."
Tex

Those two statements are pretty much identical. Don't throw rocks in your glass house.

I never claimed I am always right. If I was, I wouldn't be here on CG. I would be riding my yacht around the Bahamas.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #23
Tex

Quote:
"McCain simply won't be the Republican nominee."
Tex

Those two statements are pretty much identical. Don't throw rocks in your glass house.
Actually the full statement is: "I think Thompson could revive Guiliani by splitting conservative votes, and that McCain simply won't be the Republican nominee."

This is why we can't converse via boardmail, Cali. You cannot resist lying.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #24
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Actually the full statement is: "I think Thompson could revive Guiliani by splitting conservative votes, and that McCain simply won't be the Republican nominee."

This is why we can't converse via boardmail, Cali. You cannot resist lying.
lol! [I think] You seem to think that saying "I think" adds something of value. Do you not realize that "I think" can be inserted in front of any comment you will ever make [I think]?

Nice try, Tex.

The problem with your quote is that you thought it and it was wrong, which seems to be your problem with my quote. It would have been better for you if instead of "I think" you stuck with "the WSJ thinks."
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 PM   #25
Tex

Quote:
lol! [I think] You seem to think that saying "I think" adds something of value. Do you not realize that "I think" can be inserted in front of any comment you will ever make [I think]?

Nice try, Tex.

The problem with your quote is that you thought it and it was wrong, which seems to be your problem with my quote.
The difference is, I rarely "guarantee" my guesses. They are just guesses, after all.

Quote:
It would have been better for you if instead of "I think" you stuck with "the WSJ thinks."
Nah, you wouldn't know what the WSJ is.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #26
Tex

Quote:
College Park, Maryland - You can see it in their flushed-face smiles and hear it in their screams. They say the phenomenon is difficult to describe, but once they experience it they tell their friends, sisters, mothers and daughters, and they come back for more if they can.

"He's very charismatic. It was a 'you-had-to-be-there' kind of experience," said Lolita Breckenridge, 37, after hearing Democratic White House hopeful Barack Obama address a packed rally at the University of Maryland on Monday.

A dedicated supporter, she brought two of her friends to hear the Illinois senator deliver one of his much-talked-about speeches.

"Not too much of the speech was new to me," she admitted. "But hearing him live..." she trailed off, shaking her head and grinning.
I gotta be frank, this "Arousal Gap" stuff is starting to weird me out a little. It's like we're not electing a President with this guy, we're instead electing a god. No politician--of any ideology--is worthy of this kind of worship.

It's a little freaky.

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...269063,00.html

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 02-12-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 03:24 PM   #27
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

this is what happens when there is no difference between two candidates on the issues. it becomes a battle of personality, tone, and electability.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #28
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I'm also really bothered by the racist mentality I hear from white Obama supporters. "I'm going to vote for Obama because I think his presidency would be a great thing for his people. Plus, we owe it to them."
What, are we back in middle school now? "Oh how cool that would be!!!!!"

I don't know about Obama as a GE candidate. He's pretty much been given a free ride during the primary because no one is really challenging him. The Repubs will slice him up pretty good. They'll focus on his liberal voting record, his lack of experience in everything, his naivete in foreign affairs, etc. Pat Buchanan on MSNBC smiles just thinking about what is coming. Perhaps he is superman and everything will bounce right off, but not because he has better ideas. It will be because "he makes us feel good." Our nation is sick.

I tend to agree with Chris Matthews who described a McCain-Obama contest as very volitile in terms of hard to predict. Obama is pretty much a shell right now. Who knows what's inside there.

Either way, if he can rid us of the Clintons, we should think of giving him his own momument on The Mall.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #29
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
What, are we back in middle school now? "Oh how cool that would be!!!!!"

I don't know about Obama as a GE candidate. He's pretty much been given a free ride during the primary because no one is really challenging him. The Repubs will slice him up pretty good. They'll focus on his liberal voting record, his lack of experience in everything, his naivete in foreign affairs, etc. Pat Buchanan on MSNBC smiles just thinking about what is coming. Perhaps he is superman and everything will bounce right off, but not because he has better ideas. It will be because "he makes us feel good." Our nation is sick.

I tend to agree with Chris Matthews who described a McCain-Obama contest as very volitile in terms of hard to predict. Obama is pretty much a shell right now. Who knows what's inside there.

Either way, if he can rid us of the Clintons, we should think of giving him his own momument on The Mall.
If the Republicans were running a conservative, you might have a point. But they are running McCain, hardly a conservative. He has yet to "slice" anyone up.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:20 PM   #30
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If the Republicans were running a conservative, you might have a point. But they are running McCain, hardly a conservative. He has yet to "slice" anyone up.
I think he went after Romney pretty aggressively. Of course that only accentuated his "angry old man" personna.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote