cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #21
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

My moniker is a just a shortened form of a pseudonym that I developed several years ago. The name is Mitchell P Funk which is a combination of the best MST3K episode Mitchell and the music of Parliament/Funkadelic. So when signing up for utefans.net instead of using the full name I just went by mpfunk and have since started using that for all my logins.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 PM   #22
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Not much to report on my moniker. The latter half of my net name sounds similar to my real last name, and as such had been a nick-name of mine growing up.

The blue part, well you can use your imagination on that one.

There's a reason why I avoided the creative arts in school. Too little "right brain" to come up with anything cool.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

When netnames came up on Cougartalk long ago, I didn't know what to do.

So I remembered the Life Domain Archaea, a small insignificant bacteria-like organism, unknown to most persons but which live deep under the sea or in volcanoes. So anonymity of an organism that can withstand extreme pressure, temperature and environment. Sounds like an attorney to me.

Not much right brain activity here.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #24
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

UtahDan=Utah Danite

Don't over think it. Partly I just liked the way it sounded.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #25
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

After excelling college sports, becoming the first white person to make the All-American team twice in the same year (and on two offensive positions-- Guard and HalfBack), I enlisted in the Army for four years, obtaining the rank of Lieutenant General and single-handedly subverting four Latin American governments. A brief stint in politics saw me rise to the office of the President, though I refused a second term-- the decor of the white house was just too, well, white. My resume includes having commanded a Nuclear Submarine, saved the world on four seperate occasions, and re-written history to make it sound like the Native Americans were actuallyhere FIRST.

Somewhere along the line, the name "All-American" started to stick. Don't know exactly when.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:46 AM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
After excelling college sports, becoming the first white person to make the All-American team twice in the same year (and on two offensive positions-- Guard and HalfBack), I enlisted in the Army for four years, obtaining the rank of Lieutenant General and single-handedly subverting four Latin American governments. A brief stint in politics saw me rise to the office of the President, though I refused a second term-- the decor of the white house was just too, well, white. My resume includes having commanded a Nuclear Submarine, saved the world on four seperate occasions, and re-written history to make it sound like the Native Americans were actuallyhere FIRST.

Somewhere along the line, the name "All-American" started to stick. Don't know exactly when.
You left out the story about how one time, at band camp.....

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:09 AM   #27
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point

Because if there's one thing I am, it's self-aware. Uh -- usually.

o

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:08 AM   #28
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Surfah, hawaiian pidgin pronounciation. I surf and I am Hawaiian. The 33 is my volleyball number from high school. 3 is just my favorite number so every sport I played was 33 or some number with 3, for example football was 73. 3 is also the magic number. Most people think 33 is my age. I have a few years before I join the older singles ward yet.
Do you windsurf? I do.
That takes way too much coordination. I am afraid I would try in the ocean and not know how to turn around and head straight for the other side of the world.

To be honest I don't even surf much anymore, like at all. The waves in Utah sucked the last 5 years I was there and I just don't believe in surfing the Atlantic. I should probably change my name to boardah.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:18 AM   #29
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

I chose Non Sequitur because my toaster wan't working one morning and one of my kids had a terrible ear ache.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 05:09 AM   #30
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Cougjunkie, i used to be a very heavy heroin addict and at that time i was just a Junkie. But I found something else to be addicted to and that was BYU sports, BYU sports is my methadone, so now i go by Cougjunkie.

that is all.