cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #21
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
He got you SU, he really got you.
He got me because I speculate she used that church as a place to start growing her political base? This is one of the few remaining useful functions of religion.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #22
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Did they remove the books in question after firing the librarian? If not, why not?
I seem to recall that she backed off of the firing once it came to light. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #23
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I seem to recall that she backed off of the firing once it came to light. But I could be wrong.
I would expect that if she fired the librarian for refusing to remove the books that she would then go ahead and remove the books once the new librarian was put in; else why fire her in the first place?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #24
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I would expect that if she fired the librarian for refusing to remove the books that she would then go ahead and remove the books once the new librarian was put in; else why fire her in the first place?
Perhaps the librarian used a taser on Palin's nephew.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #25
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Did they remove the books in question after firing the librarian? If not, why not?
The librarian was reinstated after she swore allegiance (I'm not making this up) to the mayor. The books were not removed.

What it comes down to is that Palin is a politician like any other. The record is undeniable.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:55 PM   #26
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Well, the Republican spin on the story is that Palin only "inquired" and that no books were ever pulled. What they conveniently leave out is that she immediately tried to fire the librarian for insubordination.

I assume she backed off on both the firing and the book ban because she realized that it was a dumbass thing to do.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
The picture of the librarian (I laugh out loud every time I see it, sorry), coupled with the fact that she's talked to no one about this, says it all. Trust me. Alaska has more than its share of freaks and weirdos. I'm not going to accept this third hand hearsay as true, especially given the obvious bias of the reporting. The headline tells the tale of what they were trying to establish.

Even it it's absolutely true, it was twelve years ago in Wassila. At 32 Lincoln was a slavery apologist.

Except for this little urban legend about the freaky librarian standing up to Mayor Palin's attempted book burning I see no evidence her religious affiliations have affected her policy or law making.

What's most interesting about this article is how little they could come up with.
SU, I have a hunch that if Palin were a man you would be singing an entirely different tune about this selection.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
The librarian was reinstated after she swore allegiance (I'm not making this up) to the mayor. The books were not removed.

What it comes down to is that Palin is a politician like any other. The record is undeniable.
All politicians are the same. Always have been. Always will be. That's why I always vote for which one sucks the least.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #29
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
All politicians are the same. Always have been. Always will be. That's why I always vote for which one sucks the least.
Tough to argue with that logic.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #30
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
SU, I have a hunch that if Palin were a man you would be singing an entirely different tune about this selection.
No. It's not complicated. McCain has been my candidate since Giuliani withdrew or was not a real candidate.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote