cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #21
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
As an aside, Palin's pick, if nothing else, has demonstrated that substance is of absolutely no import to the following posters:

Creekster, Tex, YOhio, Il Pad (ok, so we already knew this one), and SU.
Notice the omission of Mike Waters. I think Cali is scared of him.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It isn't just the Atlantic Monthly (that's just the one I posted). Politico had the same story, as did an ABC News blog, among others. I assumed posting all of the stories with the same information would be redundant. You have corrected me. I now understand it takes more than one reading for you to get the point, something I will keep in mind in the future.

As an aside, Palin's pick, if nothing else, has demonstrated that substance is of absolutely no import to the following posters:

Look! A shiny object! Go chase it.
Ouch. You got me.

Still, "CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK! Don't take my eggs! CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK, CLUCK!"

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #23
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, that makes sense. Punish the media!
I'd guess she takes them as seriously as we are taking you.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 AM   #24
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
But see, I don't care about that. I really don't. I care about the issues. She hasn't taken a stand on any of them. So you don't care about the issues. You must only care about the shiny objects they flash in front of you. So far, that is all there is with her.

Dude, you appear to me to have gone completely stark raving mad this election cycle. You really should consider taking a break from the Politics forum for a while. I would hate to see you end up having a coronary before November.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:03 AM   #25
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
But see, I don't care about that. I really don't. I care about the issues. She hasn't taken a stand on any of them. So you don't care about the issues. You must only care about the shiny objects they flash in front of you. So far, that is all there is with her.
Could have fooled me.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22061
Old 09-08-2008, 03:01 AM   #26
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It isn't just the Atlantic Monthly (that's just the one I posted). Politico had the same story, as did an ABC News blog, among others. I assumed posting all of the stories with the same information would be redundant. You have corrected me. I now understand it takes more than one reading for you to get the point, something I will keep in mind in the future.

Look! A shiny object! Go chase it.
SO, out fo curiosity, what is your goal here? Trying to persuade, belittle, convince or flaunt your remarkable ability to vastly overstate the problem?

Wait, don't bother responding, my wife just handed me a fresh piece of aluminum foil.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #27
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This isn't overstating the issue, Creekster. YOU are willing to support her, even though you don't believe she actually has positions on the issues yet. That is flat out embarrassing. That you don't recognize how embarrassing it is makes it tragic.

I used to think Jay Walking couldn't possibly be representative of the public at large. I still don't think it is, but you aren't helping, Creekster.
We're all embarrassing, tragic, have no conscience, and don't care. All of us except you.

Good grief, you're more self-righteous than Waters.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:27 AM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This isn't overstating the issue, Creekster. YOU are willing to support her, even though you don't believe she actually has positions on the issues yet. That is flat out embarrassing. That you don't recognize how embarrassing it is makes it tragic.

I used to think Jay Walking couldn't possibly be representative of the public at large. I still don't think it is, but you aren't helping, Creekster.

Look, this is simply not a tragedy for anyone. She is nominaterd. We can scrutinize her. IF she fails to give us enough info, fails to provide product to the marketplace of ideas, then we can ignore her or vote against her or choose to vote for mcCain and hope he doesn't die and so forth. THis is exactly what democracy is supposed to allow for. There is no formula to follow in campaigns. There is a marketplce and they try to sell. If they fail, then they lose. If they satisfy the market, then they win. Now you may decide they have failed by believeing every chicken little blog you read. SO be it. I am going to wait for a few weeks to go by.

Btw, when did I say I supported her? I am reserving judgment. I have, however, been annoyed and even offended by some of the criticsm levied agaisnt her, much of which I think is sexist. There are many ways to get info, btw, and sitting down with Katie Couric is not the only one.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:13 AM   #29
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Cali, as soon as Sarah Palin has finished memorizing the McCain campaign policy papers, she'll let you know where she stands.

We can only pray that somehow this tragedy, this horrible, horrible tragedy, may be mitigated, possibly with an interview with Charlie Gibson. At this point I fear it's the only thing that can save us.

In the meantime Cali, feel free to peruse yourself. I can say with a 99.9% certainty that this is an accurate reflection of what Sarah Palin will say her positions are.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/

Hope that helps!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:17 AM   #30
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
The marketplace appears to be shifting away from a desire for information on ideas, and towards a desire for information on fluff. It has always existed to a degree in every campaign, but not to the point where information on ideas can be completely eliminated and votes can be won solely on the basis of fluff.
cast out first the beam out of thine own eye...