cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #21
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Is this a joke? The constitution doesn't say anything about the VP forming policy.
Hmmm, in that case we have 40+ VP's over the history of the country violating the constitution.

Amazing the Supreme Court hasn't stepped in and put a stop to this travesty.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:38 PM   #22
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Who gives a shit!!!! Seriously. I guess Crissy didn't hear the crap coming out of Biden's mouth. Oh sure, we love ole Joe Biden. He is part of the crowd back in Washington. The lobbyists, long term politicians and intellectual media elite. He gets a pass when he runs his mouth because we all know ole Joe is want to do that.

Ole Joe is basically a political blabber mouth. He spews and spews and spews and yet we love ole Joe.

Here is the latest big hit on Sarah. Alaska paid for her kids on some trips she took. Shocking, just shocking. Joe Bidens kid has been a lobbyist for the credit card guys who rip people off right and left. That's not newsworthy though Crissy, Sarahs understanding of what the f-ing VP does though is.

Get the government out of the stinking college classroom mentality test.

I listen to her talk and she has common sense. We don't want that though do we. We want those who can fit into the bum buddy mentaltiy back east.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #23
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Hmmm, in that case we have 40+ VP's over the history of the country violating the constitution.

Amazing the Supreme Court hasn't stepped in and put a stop to this travesty.
give examples. I thought the VP was pretty much irrelevant until Dick Cheney unless they got in trouble like Spiro Agnew.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #24
Tex

Quote:
give examples. I thought the VP was pretty much irrelevant until Dick Cheney unless they got in trouble like Spiro Agnew.
You are aware that every VP of the last 30 years served in Congress, right? And most of them as senators? You think that when major legislation is being drafted, they sit in their offices twiddling their thumbs, waiting for a 50-50 vote?

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 10-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #25
BlueK

Quote:
You are aware that every VP of the last 30 years served in Congress, right? And most of them as senators? You think that when major legislation is being drafted, they sit in their offices twiddling their thumbs, waiting for a 50-50 vote?
I don't have a problem with a VP talking to members of congress and promoting the president's agenda. If that's all Palin meant, then fine. I just don't think that's all she meant.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #26
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Here is Palin's quote from the debate Tex requested:

"PALIN: No, no. Of course, we know what a vice president does. And that's not only to preside over the Senate and will take that position very seriously also. I'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies and making sure too that our president understands what our strengths are. John McCain and I have had good conversations about where I would lead with his agenda. That is energy independence in America and reform of government over all, and then working with families of children with special needs. That's near and dear to my heart also. In those arenas, John McCain has already tapped me and said, that's where I want you, I want you to lead. I said, I can't wait to get and there go to work with you."

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/pr...al-debate.html
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #27
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post

"PALIN: No, no. Of course, we know what a vice president does. And that's not only to preside over the Senate and will take that position very seriously also. I'm thankful the Constitution would allow a bit more authority given to the vice president if that vice president so chose to exert it in working with the Senate and making sure that we are supportive of the president's policies and making sure too that our president understands what our strengths are. John McCain and I have had good conversations about where I would lead with his agenda. That is energy independence in America and reform of government over all, and then working with families of children with special needs. That's near and dear to my heart also. In those arenas, John McCain has already tapped me and said, that's where I want you, I want you to lead. I said, I can't wait to get and there go to work with you."

http://elections.nytimes.com/2008/pr...al-debate.html
so where does the constitution allow "more authority" as she says, beyond casting the tiebreaking vote? It doesn't say anything about the VP taking more authority beyond that "if they so chose."
Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 PM   #28
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Barbara already posted it. Try to keep up, Cali.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with a VP talking to members of congress and promoting the president's agenda. If that's all Palin meant, then fine. I just don't think that's all she meant.
Quote:
so where does the constitution allow "more authority" as she says, beyond casting the tiebreaking vote? It doesn't say anything about the VP taking more authority beyond that "if they so chose."
Maybe you should ask her what she means by that. It's clear you have no idea (or don't believe her), and yet you're still inexplicably in a tizzy over it.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 10-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #29
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maybe you should ask her what she means by that. It's clear you have no idea (or don't believe her), and yet you're still inexplicably in a tizzy over it.
Good point, Tex. BlueK should personally ask her. That would resolve this whole debate.

I saw 5-6 video clips last night where she was repeatedly ask to clarify what she meant by the comment regarding wiggle room in the constitution. She had no answer. It was a gaffe.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #30
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Good point, Tex. BlueK should personally ask her. That would resolve this whole debate.

I saw 5-6 video clips last night where she was repeatedly ask to clarify what she meant by the comment regarding wiggle room in the constitution. She had no answer. It was a gaffe.
Her answer has been "getting in there and working with senators." That isn't good enough for BlueK, and it apparently isn't good enough for you.

But then again, you're probably hung up on such major things as the way she pronounces Alas-kah.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young