cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #11
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
What a terrible way to kick off the show. BOOOOORING.
Completely agree. I don't understand myself why I keep on watching.

The show is getting worse as it moves along.

It's manipulating it's viewers. It has become X-Files Part Deux.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #12
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
That part didn't bother me too much. The point of the back story was to show how easily she could be manipulated a by a man: her ex then and Ben now.

Here's what I didn't get. Why did she talk to Jack and try to convince him to kill Ben, when she apparently never believed he would do it? In the middle of the surgery, she's so sure of herself using it against him: Jack you know you can't kill a man in surgery. She took a big risk to align with Jack against Ben if she didn't believe he'd do it.
But Kate a,d sawyer don't know her back story. They know she is an other, she walks out of the jungle and calmly murders her buddy then looks at them and tells them to leave, leaving Alex behind. Would you tell jack you were safe at that point? I wouldn't. I would need to be a little farther away from a murderer with a gun before I revealed the secret story.

Last edited by creekster; 02-08-2007 at 07:32 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:37 PM   #13
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I still like it. I thought last night was pretty good, although I agree with Jay's take on the whole thing. I also found it a little hard to believe this Juliet character. She is too shy to break away fro her ex-husband (although she apparently hates him) and she cries when he is hit by a bus (which I thought was pretty funny) and yet she has no problem pumping four slugs into one of her island buddies in front of Kate and Sawyer, I also found it hard to believe that Kate and Sawyer were willing to tell jack they were OK even thought they were standing on the beach with Juliet who had just killed some guy and who was still holding a gun. You should believe her? Even so, I still enjoy the show.
She's cute, she gets a pass.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #14
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
What a terrible way to kick off the show. BOOOOORING.
I'm perplexed about the number of people who complain about Lost season after season. Why do they watch it?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #15
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I still like it. I thought last night was pretty good, although I agree with Jay's take on the whole thing. I also found it a little hard to believe this Juliet character. She is too shy to break away fro her ex-husband (although she apparently hates him) and she cries when he is hit by a bus (which I thought was pretty funny) and yet she has no problem pumping four slugs into one of her island buddies in front of Kate and Sawyer, I also found it hard to believe that Kate and Sawyer were willing to tell jack they were OK even thought they were standing on the beach with Juliet who had just killed some guy and who was still holding a gun. You should believe her? Even so, I still enjoy the show.
I wasn't bothered by that. In fact, I thought it just set up the notion that she is now a radically different person now than the person we meet in the back story. How did she get to be that way we are left to wonder. One hint is that she hasn't been allowed to leave until now. That seemed pruposeful on the writer's part.