cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote
YOu still have to have a warrent and that warrent needs to have some evidence.

I don't like it, but I think (i'm no lawyer) that's the hurdle they were facing.

My prayers go out to the family and I'm happy I know she is in a much better place.

I guess in being so sick and upset by it you wish that there was more that could have been done. There really are a lot of facts that need to come out before the Police can really come under fire, IMO. And if there was no reason to be suspicious of him before you can't really fault the police either.

Just frustrating, but I'm not going to really point the finger at the police either. For me, I would have thought that with her disappearing from her backyard within 10 minutes would be reason enough to search the homes of those who are immediately bordering the house. But I am not an expert at the law either, and I can understand this as well.

I also wonder how many others also denied access to search their house in the vicinity. I would think that most would be more than willing to help and allow the police to look around. I'm sure in that area there is a bit of anti-police attitude, so maybe it wouldn't have drawn much suspicion. Sorry, I'm thinking out loud.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #12
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36
I guess in being so sick and upset by it you wish that there was more that could have been done. There really are a lot of facts that need to come out before the Police can really come under fire, IMO. And if there was no reason to be suspicious of him before you can't really fault the police either.

Just frustrating, but I'm not going to really point the finger at the police either. For me, I would have thought that with her disappearing from her backyard within 10 minutes would be reason enough to search the homes of those who are immediately bordering the house. But I am not an expert at the law either, and I can understand this as well.

I also wonder how many others also denied access to search their house in the vicinity. I would think that most would be more than willing to help and allow the police to look around. I'm sure in that area there is a bit of anti-police attitude, so maybe it wouldn't have drawn much suspicion. Sorry, I'm thinking out loud.
I understand where you're coming from 100%. There isn't enough info to point the finger at anyone. There might not be any finger pointing except at the sick man who did this.

I would have found it suspicious that someone wouldn't allow a search right after that, but if you have other stuff to hide, I can understand that as well. I can't remember which ammendment it is but there are still rights.

My only law background is the 17 million law and order episodes I've watched.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #13
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from 100%. There isn't enough info to point the finger at anyone. There might not be any finger pointing except at the sick man who did this.

I would have found it suspicious that someone wouldn't allow a search right after that, but if you have other stuff to hide, I can understand that as well. I can't remember which ammendment it is but there are still rights.

And I'll still maintain that Angie Harmon is the hottest of Jack's ADA's.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #14
TheSizzle36

Quote:

I wanna say 4th... but I could be wrong.

sad thing is, I used to know it as well.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #15
fuegote

fuegote

All-American: Yes.. Angie Harmon was by far the best DA but also the finest. I sometimes have my wife speak some law gibberish in a raspy voice.... <point>

Siz: it was the fourth, I was thinking that but didn't post it but it is the fourth (i think).
Old 07-25-2006, 05:26 PM   #16
TheSizzle36

Wow, I watched a little clip on kutv.com and the family was IRATE screaming at the Police, claiming they "did nothing" to find the little girl.

It's really too bad that this case ended like this, but I don't think that the police "did nothing" or that they aren't torn up about this.

Hopefully they can calm down a little as details emerge in the future and not take this out on the Police, but find peace in knowing that Destiny really is in a better place right now.